Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

android, I never thought of that - but you are right, it does look busy. If we align the balconies, it would look cleaner.

Original on the left, aligned balconies on the right.
harbour-edit.jpg

Buzzbuzzhome is now showing the previous render (the Blacktowertv render) as the most recent and this one as the older one. I guess no one 'really' knows :).

Last edited:
Buzzbuzzhome is now showing the previous render (the Blacktowertv render) as the most recent and this one as the older one. I guess no one 'really' knows :).

Indeed, although it corresponds to the previous render that Blacktowertv had, they've evidently got their hands on a cleaner copy of the file rather than just the cellsnap Blacktower tweeted. Check it out. (They also named the file "120harbourreal.jpg")

Two things of note:
- You can tell the background image the renders have been dropped on is less than a month old, in that 90 Harbour has been reduced to a clean slab. (Assuming no photoshop skullduggery there). If this design was subsequently redesigned to be the banded one, then the odds point to them doing it in a rather compressed timeframe.
- The "boat" podium is taller than the Gardiner by a not-insubstantial amount, so from a driver's perspective the building will be at least somewhat flat-irony. (zing)

Here is the newest (?) version:

2011_11_10_12_38_05_120harbourreal.jpg

Hoping that this is the actual design they are going with -- this is a much more finished render than the other version, and since both Buzzbuzzhome and Blacktowertv are now claiming that this is the final design, I suspect that this is indeed the one.

Last edited:
Looks to be slightly taller than Ice - maybe 240 metres - should be taller tha 1 Bloor - Aura is as tall as 264m but the roof design is slanted. I'd guess around 250m

I really hope the one with protruding boxes is the newer design. Fingers crossed...

Wow, the York/Gardiner intersection (assuming that this counts as an actual intersection) will be what has to be one of the tallest and densest in North America. From NE to SE, counterclockwise, we will have:

Maple Leaf Square -- 186m (54s) + 174m (50s)
Ice Condominiums -- 234m (67s) + 202m (57s)
120 Harbour -- 249m (75s)
90 Harbour -- 239.5m (70s) + 239.5m (70s)

Incredible.

cruzin4u--that rejig of the render is brilliant! I must say I prefer this version to the "real" render. I hope you don't mind--I just told Tridel my thoughts on twitter.

I particularly love how the floorplate echos Ice across the street. Otoh, the "real" render looks awkward and cheap, and doesn't fit in with its surroundings--which is the point of architecture/planning imo.

Last edited:
It'd be really cool if those fins extended up and in at the roof line, a la Two International Finance Centre in HK.

I really like your line of thinking here XCJ, a tapered top similar to that would be a wonderful way to finish it off, with the premium 1/4, 1/2 & full floor suites as the tapering begins near the top and mechanical cleverly hidden above.

1201.jpg

nal/1209.jpg[/img]

Wow, what city is this? I don't recognize it anymore.

Very nice CN - I really appreciate your efforts to help us see the future. Just amazing. I lived here for twenty years waiting for one or two new buildings downtown, never dreaming there would be such an onslaught.

We are truly privileged to witness this metamorphosis.

I like this better than the previous one but I don't like interaction between the podium and the tower because there is none, it's just plopped on top of the podium. Some setbacks on the podium or a rooftop angled atrium might help things.

Back