Toronto Telus House - 25 York Street | 136.24m | 30s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

I agree, lets hope they come up with a solution to cover that ugly mechanical room on the rooftop.

/\ NOTE: The loss of fins/antenna rumor started by Automation Gallery is NOT TRUE. I cannot confirm how I know, but this is an UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMOR and is FALSE.

Discredit further posts in the matter.

/\ NOTE: The loss of fins/antenna rumor started by Automation Gallery is NOT TRUE. I cannot confirm how I know, but this is an UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMOR and is FALSE.

Discredit further posts in the matter.

I apologize PE for bringing it up, i hope your right. I guess the connections that i have with the average Joe on site is not worth listening to, next time i will have to hear it from the higher gods...Sorry:(

I'm not sure about the antenna, but it would come as a surprise to me as well that the fins were scrapped. The glass and frames were built a while ago, and I would assume the steel was already fabricated as well, meaning that cancelling them would only save the cost of the installation (paltry compared to the engineering and fabrication)

I'm not sure about the antenna, but it would come as a surprise to me as well that the fins were scrapped. The glass and frames were built a while ago, and I would assume the steel was already fabricated as well, meaning that cancelling them would only save the cost of the installation (paltry compared to the engineering and fabrication)

Plus, the fins are where the Telus logos are slated to be placed. Otherwise they would be blocking the windows of the top floor.

Well, that's an easy fix, the could just do a steel structure on the corner to hold up the sign, or mount it to the mechanical box. They wouldn't block upper floor views for a sign.

They better build the fins! but when they do i hope they will be as tall as the renders. i dont want some stumpy fins like bay adelaide.

I think this building is gorgeous. The jury is still out on the two MLS towers...so far I'm not liking the glass colour combinations.

Height-wise, the fins will cover the existing mechanical box - hence its 'utilitarian-ness.' The antenna will project from the center of that box.

3489997390_c7060a5c76_b.jpg

Telus is on the left. photo by nite at ssp.

Nothing says cheap Canadian like an exposed mechanical box.

True, but some buildings are improving in this regard. Sadly Murano is guilty of this. An almost perfect glass masterpiece with an ugly brown aluminum clad mechanical room on top.
The details on Telus have been wonderful, nothing appears to be skipped so far. Taking that into account, I'm really confident they won't skip the fins so it will end up looking sensational.

Last edited:
The spire would really make this building look so spunky. I hope they give it that final touch.

Back