Toronto Telus House - 25 York Street | 136.24m | 30s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Goes to show that a little more though into the base can make a project look so much better, unlike the Bay-adelaide centre which neglects both the tower and how it meets the intersection.

That "U" looks like the L condo logo with an extra vertical. Also reminds me of the "U!" that Ujjal Dosanjh used when he was BC premier...

The more detailed renderings make the project look ever-more interesting.

Thanks for the post Ed. Do you have the originals? I am trying to figure out what is planned on the north side of the ground floor in the light blue area surrounded by dark blue areas. It looks like it would line up with the tunnel under the tracks so I'm wondering if this tower will end up with an indoor connection to Union Station plus the two on the east and west sides a quick step outdoors.

Thanks for the post Ed. Do you have the originals? I am trying to figure out what is planned on the north side of the ground floor in the light blue area surrounded by dark blue areas. It looks like it would line up with the tunnel under the tracks so I'm wondering if this tower will end up with an indoor connection to Union Station plus the two on the east and west sides a quick step outdoors.

Enviro: yes, there will be an indoor connection to Union Station at the east end of the main floor, by the connection to the ACC.

I dunno. I like it, but the more I look at it, the more it seems to be straddling a vaulting-horse... or something...

SNF: What, there's something wrong with straddling? Or are you worried that it's just a gateway to, uh, pole vaulting... or something? Bring on the games!

Remember how cautiously optimistic we all were when this was first announced? Telus, BA, and RBC all being proposed at the same time with most of us thinking only 2 of the 3 would go ahead. Now here we are and all three are u/c and we have even more office proposals and rumours still coming in. Our condo sales may be leveling off a bit but it seems the office market is continuing to to grow. I'm sure this building will have a very high quality finish to it as it will be front and centre in our skyline, and will be seen on TV so many nights during the NHL NBA season.

Our condo sales may be leveling off a bit but it seems the office market is continuing to to grow.

Not really - first quarter condo sales were the 3rd highest on record and of the projects launched in the first quarter the sales absorption rate was the highest for new project openings to date.

Open to below... hmm, there is no floorplan of below. Looks like I will remain curious until the opening.

Enviro - I'll bet that this Open to Below area is merely venting for the garage below. There's a pretty solid-looking black line between the galleria and it, so I'll be surprised if there are any dramatic views in store for us. (At least there will be a second floor balcony running along the south side of the galleria!)

Back