Toronto Telus House - 25 York Street | 136.24m | 30s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Re: Telus announces new office tower in downtown Toronto

Our 25 York project will not only be the first new office tower built in the downtown core in over a decade,

All three new office projects have now officially used the same line.

Re: Telus announces new office tower in downtown Toronto

Couldn't they turn one of the teamways into a passenger drop-off area and taxi stand so that they don't all have to crowd onto Front Street?

Huh?

"three new office projects"

What three new office projects? Pardon my ignorance.:\

!

"Couldn't they turn one of the teamways into a passenger drop-off area and taxi stand so that they don't all have to crowd onto Front Street? "

Great idea. That's something they should consider.

Re: Huh?

A big change coming here in the next few years.

IMG_8042.jpg

does anyone know what's going on in the area in between telus and the galleria? i was down there today and they've sunk a pile of steel for retaining walls. it almost looks like they're getting ready to tunnel out something there, but i don't get what the connection would be to and from. telus would be one side of the tunnel, i suppose, but what's the other end of it?

York St will see a walkway Like Bay St with a Path in between both St.

To the West is the Simcoe St extention.

Union Square has been demolished, and hoarding for the Telus Tower has been extended to include most of the Square. It should be interesting to see what they do with this area.

I saw that too, and the area where they had sunk the footings, to the North of the sculpture, has been decked over and covered with a new slab. Seems like a lot of work just to gain an extra 200 sqft of below ground space, but i'm sure they know what they're doing.

I also noticed they have the sign up for the expansion of the ACC. That's going to be quite the dense little pocket in 5 years time.

Our 25 York project will not only be the first new office tower built in the downtown core in over a decade,
All three new office projects have now officially used the same line.
And all three are wrong.

A modern 30 story office tower would likely top 400 feet. It'll definitely be shorter than Simcoe Place, and indeed will probably appear shorter than it actually is because of the boxy massing.

My understanding it is to be 160 m or 525 feet if you include the spire on the top.

Back