Kitchener TEK Tower | 144.5m | 45s | IN8 Developments | srm Architects

Every time I drive through this area of KW I am amazed at how much surface parking is located on this stretch of Charles, you could throw up 4-5 more buildings like this in a 2 block stretch. Nice to see this one approved.

Agreed. Although this same developer owns two more parcels of land on Charles just down the street which will be similar heights to this one at 144.4m.

I don't recall if I'd seen this variation of the Kitchener application sign up close. The use of the concept render on the sign itself is interesting.

It reminds me that the current version of the Toronto application sign was a revelation for the area when it was rolled out, in that it showed the massing model on the sign, where previously signs were all text.

I think adding the concept render is a good idea with the admonition that that comes across as if it's a binding promise of what a development will look like, which we all know is not the case.
Better than the Hamilton one that provides no information, no pictures and usually just has a "date to be discussed": TBD.

most municipalities have shifted to some variation of the more graphical Toronto signage over the last few years.. some copying it almost literally (Richmond Hill's is nearly identical, same swoop graphic and everything, just green instead of blue), but some municipalities are .. lagging.

Construction has commenced on this one. There was a last minute increase of 1 floor to make it 45fl, and 146m tall. (Could we update thread title?) This will be the tallest in Kitchener until Station park phase 3 in a few years.
1CA9DEDA-D3ED-47DF-B901-E47D46B039BC.jpeg

Here we can also see Garment St Condos to the left, and Station park to the right
36133737-50D0-4DF4-816B-BB18F8ED2E59.jpeg

Back