Kitchener TEK Tower | 144.5m | 45s | IN8 Developments | srm Architects

Looking at the cross section photo in the previous page even this building is lacking skyscraper status of 150 m. But if this tower gets approved, maybe the next tower might surpass150 m mark. Like to see a KW thread to view up coming towers!

Last edited:
I just looked through the Kitchener applications map and there are some pretty crazy developments in the pipeline! should be exciting to follow in the coming years.

Very exciting to see another big tower like this for Kitchener. The KW region is one that is going to see major changes in height and density very soon - it has already seen a ton in Waterloo.

I am working on a future skyline model for KW and am attempting to consolidate developmental information from a number of sources so we can track it easier, I am excited to show it all off once it is ready.

Very exciting to see another big tower like this for Kitchener. The KW region is one that is going to see major changes in height and density very soon - it has already seen a ton in Waterloo.

I am working on a future skyline model for KW and am attempting to consolidate developmental information from a number of sources so we can track it easier, I am excited to show it all off once it is ready.
This sounds awesome. If you want any help with finding all the projects let me know!

I just looked through the Kitchener applications map and there are some pretty crazy developments in the pipeline! should be exciting to follow in the coming years.
There is quite a bit more going on behind-the-scenes too, that haven't been submitted yet.

Kitchener (really the entire tri-city area) is a really exciting place to be right now. A planning student should write a thesis demonstrating the impact of LRT investment on inducing development in the region.

I wonder if the City of Kitchener will ask the developer to lower the density due to the fact this might be the tallest building in the Region of Kitchener-Waterloo if approved! Just my two cents!

I wonder if the City of Kitchener will ask the developer to lower the density due to the fact this might be the tallest building in the Region of Kitchener-Waterloo if approved! Just my two cents!
I foresee no reason for them to reduce anything here. Kitchener has been very pro development in trying to revitalize downtown. There's supposedly other equally tall or even taller towers in the works so I don't think this will stay tallest for long nor will it face any major hurdles.

This project is being marketed as "TEK Tower Kitchener":

Screenshot_20211208-141922_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20211208-142049_Instagram.jpg

Wow! I TOOK this photo a while back and meant to post on the fourm but never got the chance to....

The sign in regarding to the project!

View attachment 367894

I don't recall if I'd seen this variation of the Kitchener application sign up close. The use of the concept render on the sign itself is interesting.

It reminds me that the current version of the Toronto application sign was a revelation for the area when it was rolled out, in that it showed the massing model on the sign, where previously signs were all text.

I think adding the concept render is a good idea with the admonition that that comes across as if it's a binding promise of what a development will look like, which we all know is not the case.

Every time I drive through this area of KW I am amazed at how much surface parking is located on this stretch of Charles, you could throw up 4-5 more buildings like this in a 2 block stretch. Nice to see this one approved.

Back