Toronto TeaHouse 501 Yonge Condominiums | 170.98m | 52s | Lanterra | a—A

It'll be something ridiculous like this. Yuck is right.

2x58s.jpg

Hmmm...
Poiuyt_small.jpg

It seems like 58 storeys could become the norm nowadays in the core.
Here is a new proposal for the King and Yonge area.:)

40 SCOTT ST

OPA / Rezoning 11 190645 STE 28 OZ Ward 28
- Tor & E.York May 9, 2011 --- --- --- ---

Proposal for a 58 storey residential tower containing 513 units on a 5 storey podium, 48,605 square metres in area, 734 square metres foe retail based uses.

This last photo shows context much better than the previous one which is,, frankly, misleading. This one shows how it is a high rise neighbourhood and 58 storeys here can work, as long as the street is respected.

This last photo shows context much better than the previous one which is,, frankly, misleading. This one shows how it is a high rise neighbourhood and 58 storeys here can work, as long as the street is respected.

It's hardly misleading, the last photo is looking down so the scale is greatly reduced. Check out CN's terrific sketchup's for this proposal, post #164 and tell me if my feeble attempt is misleading - http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?16369-501-Yonge-Street-(Lanterra-seeking-58s-x2)/page11

Here's my earlier pic with Aura corrected a bit - and planned, proposed or under construction buildings added in the area.

overviewyongecoll-bloor2.jpg

Wow, that is amazing CN, so interesting to see the city from this angle, with all the proposed buildings in place. You are very talented.

I think it is also interesting to see that, despite the large number of tall buildings on their way, there is still a lot of low rise and green space. That's, frankly, how it should be. In New York you have one giant park, vs total density - why not have a myriad of smaller parks and space the highrises out a bit. It makes things more liveable and breathable.

This last photo shows context much better than the previous one which is,, frankly, misleading.

Actually, it's his height outline isn't misleading. The pic I showed was from high, high above.

Here's a shot close to DT Toronto Geek's, and another showing the possible mass of the base.

yongeview1.jpg

yongeview2.jpg

I hope the real podium isn't as ginormous as the imaginary one shown above. The rezoning application kind of implies it will be 3 stories, doesn't it? (Ground retail with 2 levels of parking above... I guess it doesn't expressly say there won't be anything else above the parking.)

The rezoning application kind of implies it will be 3 stories, doesn't it? (Ground retail with 2 levels of parking above.

Oh man. A 3 story podium, with 2 of those levels being parking, is not exactly what great city streets are made of.

I want a brick podium with lots of texture and animation (juliette balconies/ terraces) here, not a dinky OR overpowering podium that offers nothing to street life.

Actually, it's his height outline isn't misleading. The pic I showed was from high, high above.

Here's a shot close to DT Toronto Geek's, and another showing the possible mass of the base.

yongeview1.jpg

yongeview2.jpg

You've done one super neato mockup, that's amazing.
Can't say I like the idea of something that high with such a massive podium butt-up against Yonge Steet though.

Back