Toronto TeaHouse 501 Yonge Condominiums | 170.98m | 52s | Lanterra | a—A

A kitchen cart would free up a lot of counter space for actual prep in this case. And honestly the dishwasher is a waste of space in this instance.

AoD
Dishwasher, no. Washing dishes by hand takes up plenty of counter space. Microwave however, yes. It’s a redundant heating device.

From yesterday:

IMG_4333.JPG

Really not a fan of the podium or the south tower. This is a major disappointment imo. Probably one of the worst buildings along this section of yonge (yes I like y+c condos better)

Beg to differ - the materiality and execution of the podium is miles ahead of YC - and considering it host a use - parking - that tend not to receive much by the way of architectural treatment. This used real brick and terracotta - YC had to fake it with coloured glass (nevermind the detailing and texture of the podium). I also had no issues with the massing of the podium itself considering how bad the pre-project nature of this strip was and the changing urban context - I am actually glad they didn't went for the 2s podium plus point tower trope so common in this city.

I had absolutely no issue with this project - the south tower could be more interesting, sure - but it is certainly no worse compared to others in the immediate area (which frankly isn't hard, consider atrocities such as YC, ROCPs in the immediate area).

AoD

Last edited:
Beg to differ - the materiality and execution of the podium is miles ahead of YC - and considering it host a use - parking - that tend not to receive much by the way of architectural treatment. This used real brick and terracotta - YC had to fake it with coloured glass.

I had absolutely no issue with this project - the south tower could be more interesting, but it is certainly no worse compared to others in the immediate area (which frankly isn't hard, consider atrocities such as YC, ROCPs in the immediate area).

AoD
I should clarify that I think the podium here is better than YC which has maybe the worst podium in the city. But I don't think the podium here is that great either and as a whole I prefer YC to this, I think it's more interesting personally. Though I do agree material selection and execution for parts of this development was well done.

I should clarify that I think the podium here is better than YC which has maybe the worst podium in the city. But I don't think the podium here is that great either and as a whole I prefer YC to this, I think it's more interesting personally. Though I do agree material selection and execution for parts of this development was well done.

Worst? Aura down the street might want to have a word with you about that.

AoD

Back