Toronto TCHC Block 32 Development | ?m | 41s | TCHC | KPMB

I'm not sure if the last comment is just knee-jerk political-correctness/willful denial, or it's a person who's delusional that subsidized housing is maintained at the same level of repair as market housing and that bed sheets and tin foil in windows are equally prevalent everywhere.

First things first, please educate yourself -this building is not subsidized housing, it is affordable housing. If you don't know the difference please visit this link http://www.torontohousing.ca/rent_toronto_community_housing

There are many, many working or retired families that deserve to live downtown, and have affordable housing. Not everyone can afford to pay for a condo or save up for a downpayment. Middle class as we have known it is disappearing. People with lower income does not mean necessarily mean that they want or will have tin foil on their windows.

I am moving into this building, and find your writings offensive.

First things first, please educate yourself -this building is not subsidized housing, it is affordable housing. If you don't know the difference please visit this link http://www.torontohousing.ca/rent_toronto_community_housing

There are many, many working or retired families that deserve to live downtown, and have affordable housing. Not everyone can afford to pay for a condo or save up for a downpayment. Middle class as we have known it is disappearing. People with lower income does not mean necessarily mean that they want or will have tin foil on their windows.

I am moving into this building, and find your writings offensive.

I would use the ignore function. Comments on here often get in to that "insulting better than thou" tone.

It just goes to show how ignorant some people actually are. I'm sorry but $1324 a month plus hydro for a 3br does not mean you are going to have tin foil on your windows. It is also hardly affordable housing. I am moving into this building as a single working mother of two. Some people really need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that not everyone that lives in TCHC is a welfare case. Geez. I have seen some dirty ass Cdn people that take zero care for their homes. So really ignore these comments because it just goes to show that the level of thinking coming from these individuals have zero intelligence. They also need to remember that money comes and goes and those that judge others are usually the ones that get hit hard with the karma bus.

I'm sorry but $1324 a month plus hydro for a 3br does not mean you are going to have tin foil on your windows. It is also hardly affordable housing.

That's pretty cheap actually. If you consider maintenance fees which is around $600-700/month depending on the size of the unit. Property taxes are around $300-375/month. The rental rates in the area average around $2200 for 2 bedrooms. Some are higher, some are lower because the sizes range from around 800-1500 sq ft. Also there's the carry costs of ownership if you own it. 3 bedroom is probably around 1200 sq ft or more. It's probably sold around 600k. Interest on 600k assuming 3.5% is $1750/month.

Last edited:
Today:

gfYxC.jpg

auxci.jpg

sAnoy.jpg

They also need to remember that money comes and goes and those that judge others are usually the ones that get hit hard with the karma bus.

I like that saying Ganjababy - II also found some of those posts offensive. Such awful stereotypes are held about people in subsidized housing - many have community gardens and a far stronger sense of community than market condos do....

In response to my username

If you're moving into TCHC housing as a single mother of two, you might want to reconsider how public your username is...

Seriously, so what? It is a herb. Educate yourself. Besides,the whole purpose I used the username is to show how quick ppl are to judge.You proved my point. I had to get down to your level to get you to notice.

Like none of you have a drink after work? Who the hell are any of you to question someone smoking pot? First of all this is a construction thread so this shouldnt even be a topic, but seriously.....leave Ganjababy alone. I can guarantee that at least 30% of the people on UT smoke marijuana. Its a personal choice and a personal issue that should not be discussed here any further.

LOL! Better then coke or bath salts. BTW, if there were hydroponic lamps, my name would of been ganjafarmer. Really it is just a 20yr old nickname.

Like none of you have a drink after work? Who the hell are any of you to question someone smoking pot? First of all this is a construction thread so this shouldnt even be a topic, but seriously.....leave Ganjababy alone. I can guarantee that at least 30% of the people on UT smoke marijuana. Its a personal choice and a personal issue that should not be discussed here any further.

;-) Exactly!

Back