Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

I notice that the excavators have pulled up a lot of wood piles.
I wonder if these are from the old docks/wharf that existed there before the water was all filled in....???

See the attached blurry, distant photo.

Attachments

• menkes.jpg
    menkes.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 927
awesome photo, what year would that be from? Does anyone have a current picture from the same or very similar angle? Thanks!

I'd like to see a strip of water in front of it and Fort York as a landscape feature to make clear to everyone who passes by that these historical landmarks were meant to be at the water's edge. In both cases, the harbour infilling plan should have kept the water's edge in front of these buildings, perhaps as small inlets, to commemorate them and make for a more scenic harbour. Being landlocked and surrounded by exponentially taller skyscrapers trivializes these historic landmarks at first glance.

Off topic, but if Old Union Station could have somehow survived demolition over all those decades, it would have made an amazing mall/market/gallery/garden/etc.

More on topic, I'm still not sure how the PATH is supposed to connect to this building. Is it going to be an elevated walkway that goes under the Gardiner? Will there be enough room for that?

More on topic, I'm still not sure how the PATH is supposed to connect to this building. Is it going to be an elevated walkway that goes under the Gardiner? Will there be enough room for that?

Path will be an elevated walkway that will go under the Gardiner.

Path-Connection-Tunnel-Under-Gardiner.jpg

Attachments

• Path-Connection-Tunnel-Under-Gardiner.jpg
    Path-Connection-Tunnel-Under-Gardiner.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 640
Trend already started to a certain degree just west of here with the Panorma Condo (I believe that's what they were called), anyway they redid the part underneath the gardiner, added some art / lighting features.

Interesting. This could start a trend. It will certainly add some light and variety to the Gardiner's underbelly.

Agreed! This is one of the reasons why units in the West Tower (phase 1) are sold out in all the releases till today. Hence, East Tower (phase 2) got launched much sooner then expected to the Insider's few days ago. Check the Real Estate thread for more info.

Trend already started to a certain degree just west of here with the Panorma Condo (I believe that's what they were called), anyway they redid the part underneath the gardiner, added some art / lighting features.

Yes, I recall that now. Over near Bathurst isn't it?

Back