Harbour Plaza Residences (Menkes) - Real Estate -

Inside Info: I got my hands on 3 draft floor-plans (attached). Floor-plans are expected to release in about a weeks' time to the selected Platinum and Insider Agent community.

Draft Floorplans copy.jpg

Attachments

• Draft Floorplans copy.jpg
    Draft Floorplans copy.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 2,994
Last edited:
Based on some of the info I'm hearing (about $100/sq ft cheaper than Ten York) and the fact that they aren't making more land down here...this one will likely do very well. With this project, and the current success of 365 Church, I think Menkes is going to have a great first half of 2013 considering that we haven't had many launches so far...

Based on some of the info I'm hearing (about $100/sq ft cheaper than Ten York) and the fact that they aren't making more land down here...this one will likely do very well. With this project, and the current success of 365 Church, I think Menkes is going to have a great first half of 2013 considering that we haven't had many launches so far...

I agree with you!! With prices starting from $576/sq.ft for Insiders there is no doubt that this condo project will be a great success.

i'm disappointed that Menkes and Tridel have scaled back the quality of finishes in comparison to their other projects in the city. You get what you pay for I guess. Lower price per square foot = finishes like laminate floors, basic ceramic and not even marble counters in the bathrooms..

i'm disappointed that Menkes and Tridel have scaled back the quality of finishes in comparison to their other projects in the city. You get what you pay for I guess. Lower price per square foot = finishes like laminate floors, basic ceramic and not even marble counters in the bathrooms..

That may be the case, but most condos are finished so much better now than 10 years ago.

p.s. marble counters only look good brand new. They discolour and turn an awful yellow that always looks unclean. I'd never recommend them IMO. Plus laminate floors have improved immensely; they aren't cheap looking anymore

That may be the case, but most condos are finished so much better now than 10 years ago.

p.s. marble counters only look good brand new. They discolour and turn an awful yellow that always looks unclean. I'd never recommend them IMO. Plus laminate floors have improved immensely; they aren't cheap looking anymore

Very true interiors have come a long way in a few years. I would still compare the standard finishes offered by Tridel and Menkes in this area to Infinity and Pinnicle. Menkes built Lumiere on Bay St - the finshes there are spectacular!

Its just a huge disappointment that they cheaped out on interior finishes in such a good location, with high end office space, great amenities, etc.

For example: Not even offering 9ft ceilings (8.5), laminate, regular stand alone appliances and ceramics.. which I consider subpar for this location and type of building...

Ice finishes are much better in comparison.... ICE offered 9ft ceilings, Travertine in bathroom shower and floors .. integrated european appliances with custom cabinetry and real 3/4" think hardwood... as standards.

Last edited:
Very true interiors have come a long way in a few years. I would still compare the standard finishes offered by Tridel and Menkes in this area to Infinity and Pinnicle. Menkes built Lumiere on Bay St - the finshes there are spectacular!

Its just a huge disappointment that they cheaped out on interior finishes in such a good location, with high end office space, great amenities, etc.

For example: Not even offering 9ft ceilings (8.5), laminate, regular stand alone appliances and ceramics.. which I consider subpar for this location and type of building...

Ice finishes are much better in comparison.... ICE offered 9ft ceilings, Travertine in bathroom shower and floors .. integrated european appliances with custom cabinetry and real 3/4" think hardwood... as standards.

Ice has terrible floor plans and I can guarantee will not be as solidly built as a Menkes or Tridel building. Yes, finishes are nice, but I'm more concerned with the actual quality of the workmanship inside and outside. You will get a quality job from both builders, especially Tridel. Market Wharf has standalone appliances and the units look wonderful there. Lets not judge till we see the finished product.

Ice has terrible floor plans and I can guarantee will not be as solidly built as a Menkes or Tridel building. Yes, finishes are nice, but I'm more concerned with the actual quality of the workmanship inside and outside. You will get a quality job from both builders, especially Tridel. Market Wharf has standalone appliances and the units look wonderful there. Lets not judge till we see the finished product.

Floor plans are very well laid out at Harbour Plaza Residences. I wish I could share them here to show it to you all but I can't due to the NDA I have signed with Menkes.

Last edited:
Agree with you! ICE 2 has some terrible floorplans. ICE1 imo FPs are much better.

Menkes and Tridel build an excellent product. That is why I was so disappointed after seeing the finishes. The floorplans are decent at harbour but with a small floorplate they have crammed as many as thay can on a floor, therefore offering small units.. i think the largest is 800sq ft. So really nothing to rave about. The finishes are similar to newer cityplace buildings.. never thought I would compare Menkes to cityplace

This building has some nice 500-600 sq ft units that will no doubt be a hit with the investor crowd, but the 3 bedroom 795 sq ft unit is a joke, as are the 8.5 ceilings. That to me is inexcusable in 2013. The prices though are quite attractive for spec'ers so I expect this building will do well, especially with guaranteed water views after the 40th floor or so.

Agree with you! ICE 2 has some terrible floorplans. ICE1 imo FPs are much better.

Menkes and Tridel build an excellent product. That is why I was so disappointed after seeing the finishes. The floorplans are decent at harbour but with a small floorplate they have crammed as many as thay can on a floor, therefore offering small units.. i think the largest is 800sq ft. So really nothing to rave about. The finishes are similar to newer cityplace buildings.. never thought I would compare Menkes to cityplace

Builder have released the "Harbour Collection" which is from floor 55 to 68 and has 9 foot ceiling. The largest unit is 1126 square foot which is a 3 bed South West facing unit. Below is a video of the views from the 55th floor.

[video=youtube_share;a4hLmhIh7FI]http://youtu.be/a4hLmhIh7FI[/video]

I was told that Menkes will be launching East tower very soon as the first release at Harbour Palza is completely sold out. This condo project is very well received.

First of all that is not true, I was just at broker vip yesterday. Ceiling height is 8.6' from 10-55.

Let me correct you on a few things and provide a little more info!

Ceiling height in Harbour Collection, from 55th-68th floors, is 9 foot and not 10 foot. Click here to view the list of feature and finishes in Harbour Collection.

When I said first release is sold out I am referring to the Insider's release and not the VIP launch where you went to yesterday, which is a second release. A little over 200 suites released for the Insider's were sold out very fast. All my clients were able to get the suite of their choice in the first release.

Second Release, VIP Launch, is also very well received. I was told that about 150 suite reservation forms have been received for just 1 bed and 1+Den suites from the VIP Agents. If an agent is submitting a suite reservation form now for their client for a 1 bed or 1+ Den suites they are out of luck.

Third release is scheduled to take place soon (I would say in a month's time) which will be for the people who have registered on the builder's website.

Also, floor-plans for the East tower are almost ready. I was hoping it would launch in end of September or October but from the indication I have been given it could happen soon. Let's wait and watch!!

Last edited:

Back