Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

That podium is wretched. Look at the poor harbour commission building beside it. Also what is that area going to look like with the office tower on the west side and the proposed Oxford office tower to the NE of the harour commission building? These renders look nice but the light will never be like that. It will be a sea of shadow.

Agreed, the podium is a disaster. Something is wrong when both sides look like a hidden back of the condo.

Every project is a disaster!:p You guys should just move out of the city because no matter what thread I go in... it's filled with negative comments. Optimism never hurt anyone.

^ Cool video. I can't believe how much this area has changed. Like 10 years ago, practically nothing existed. Between ICE, Ten York, and this project, there will be five towers all over 200m, all so close together.

Every project is a disaster!:p You guys should just move out of the city because no matter what thread I go in... it's filled with negative comments. Optimism never hurt anyone.

And a spandrel and precast monster project over 200m is a success for you. No offence but a bit of pessimism and cynicism don't hurt either, not when this is what we're getting.

^ the damn thing isn't even built yet. And no offense, but I think many towers are total successes including Ice I and II, Delta, Four Seasons, L Tower, etc. Instead of getting all negative and worked up , wait and see how it turns out.

And a spandrel and precast monster project over 200m is a success for you. No offence but a bit of pessimism and cynicism don't hurt either, not when this is what we're getting.

Where are you seeing precast on those towers? Also, this is aA, so I wouldn't be too worried about overuse of spandrel.

Where are you seeing precast on those towers? Also, this is aA, so I wouldn't be too worried about overuse of spandrel.

Ah whoops, wrong thread. I thought I was in the 10 York thread. This is what I get for not reading the thread title properly.

And my point stands travis3000, there's nothing wrong with getting excited for the future but temper your enthusiasm a bit. I don't dislike the idea of the city's core filling out with 200-300m towers in places that suit them but if they'll inevitably be dull, modernist towers or dull and cheaply built modernist towers, my excitement is inevitably a little tempered.

Agreed! Plus, we have a thing here called "freedom" and another thing called "human rights" which makes our city even more beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, check out Dubai 516 metres under construction. By the time AURA is done, it might not even break into Top 40. lol

That project has been on hold for over a year - it won't be finished

Back