Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Okay, so I've read it up and down and still don't get it: are we getting all three buildings going up at once here, or what is this talk about the 'parking structure' covering the whole lot?

Nothing is a go. The site is being shored for the purpose of removing contaminated soil. The plan includes back filling the site.

Menkes has put in the application with the city to shore the site for excavations and the construction of the parking deck. Here is the application.

Excavations of the entire site to begin December 2012

It mentions under Reasons for the partial road closure...

"Developing this property means excavating the entire site. The applicant needs a construction staging area within the road allowance in order to construct the building".

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2012.TE20.64

Last edited:
What:confused:, i thought the office building was definitely a go...but then again youve been negative and wrong on a bunch of past proposed developments that have all moved on

Hmm, What exactly is negative about BAC 3 proceeding? Unfortunately and not unexpectedly, Brookfield has dumped the residential for office space and obviously won't be a spec building.

You do understand that plans change as the markets shifts and/or tenants are signed. In this case, it's possible a tenant for the office space will be signed and sales of the condos are well above expectation over the next six months (the duration of the project) that the developer will change their mind; however, at this moment, it's all remediation work.

I understand passion; but, you take things way too personally.

Last edited:
The sales cycle for the condos will be at the required level before this excavation reaches basement level.

A year down a year to bring the site back to ground level.

The caissons will reach down to the lowest basement level. The remediation won't.

What does BA 3 have to do with this site ?

The rumor, from a while back, was the office component of this site would go up on spec (i.e. without necessarily securing any large leases).

Left coaster on SSP has said that they are in fact serious about building the office tower on spec.

Last edited:
That permit says the condos will be 70 stories. I wonder if that is due to old info, or new info still to come.

Well the difference is 4 & 8 stories, its not the end of the world. Besides it can only help the design to have staggered heights.

It's great density on severely underutilized lands. And this cluster will soon be home to some of the tallest buildings in the city outside the downtown core. Perhaps you are right.

Back