Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Menkes Has Got Confidence!

1 York - 174 meters
Harbour Plaza - 233 meters
Harbour plaza - 223 meters

8254978131_2cb9056f4e.jpg

Looks like they are gonna tear up the entire lot

8256064832_1c8f3f7895.jpg

Exciting times down there:cool:.....and just to think that the best site for high-rise living is yet to come

1 Yonge, LLBO lands

Are the parking lots close to the Toronto Star building technically part of this area? If so, that could be the area of a potentially *massive* structure. Some one on SSP posted earlier this year that he allegedly had some knowledge of a supertall planed for here.

Are the parking lots close to the Toronto Star building technically part of this area? If so, that could be the area of a potentially *massive* structure. Some one on SSP posted earlier this year that he allegedly had some knowledge of a supertall planed for here.

The Toronto Star site was bought by Pinnacle for over $250 million. I would expect a couple towers in the 180-240m range but I wouldn't bet on a supertall (a word I am beginning to grow tired of).

I personally prefer "new Tallest". Exciting in the local sense, as it shows the city growing taller than it ever has, and avoids the fanboy like use of the word "supertall" I get excited about the possibility of toronto getting a supertall, not because it is a supertall, but rather it would be Toronto's new tallest building.

Okay, so I've read it up and down and still don't get it: are we getting all three buildings going up at once here, or what is this talk about the 'parking structure' covering the whole lot?

My undertanding is that we will be getting at least the office tower and the retail base. If the condo towers have sold well enough when construction reaches that point, we will then get those as well.

I'd safely "assume" all three at once.

If there wasn't the market to back this project up with hard tenants and condo buyers, why would they begin? Doesn't make sense. Their pre-order line for the condos must be pretty impressive, and they have surely signed a tenant for the office block. Financing a condo requires 85% sales, so they are likely sure that once the project goes to market they will out-do what Tridel did at Ten York. Their pre- buyer line should stretch from Hong Kong to Moscow to Dubai.

For a project like this expect Menkes to put everything on the table to get the job done.

They have the wherewithal.

Last edited:

would this location fall under the city guidelines that say buildings have to be smaller than BMO, as it gets closer to the lake?

Also, how far east and west of BMO does this apply?

Last edited:
The only good news is that it will be over sooner, I long the days I didn't have to walk through traffic jams and a construction site

Back