Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Derp. sorry, I do know about that project. Guess I was just hoping that it was a new tower i hadn't heard about yet.

urls fixed above; try it again.

residential towers are down to 62 and 66 storeys, and they're no longer rounded; they're now 5-sided polygons.

4mGI8.png

Seems like they managed to get quite a bit out of Menkes in allowing them to go forward with this...

Not sure how much it costs to demo a ramp but 10 million should make a pretty nice park. I was also under the impression that all the planning for ramp reconfiguration was done and that there simply needed to be the funds to pay for it? Why is the city insisting on money for planning? Or are they just retroactively recouping their costs.

Also liked this:
Require the items retained from the demolition of the previous heritage building at 90 Harbour Street to be incorporated into the new development to the satisfaction of Heritage Preservation Services.

Is the Banksy going to end up in the park? That would make for an interesting focal point.

This also stood out to me:
The owner agrees to pay for and construct PATH improvements internal to the building and for the PATH bridge to the Air Canada Centre.

Is this in reference to the bridge linking up with WaterPark Place III? I thought it was already funded through that development.

And boo to no new line drawings.

173 meters for the office building is pretty big- should bring almost a million sqft

173 meters for the office building is pretty big- should bring almost a million sqft

I hate that the ramp is coming down. It would have been so much nicer to disconnect it from the Gardiner and repurpose it for pedestrians. It would be cool to climb the ramp and enjoy the view from the top. Put in some nice landscaping, and we have our own mini high-line. Lighting could have been used on the concrete to mimic the flow of traffic that once used the ramp.

To keep maintenance costs down, destroy the actual ramp and leave the pillars that hold it, then rebuild a lighter version of the roadway so pedestrians can still walk up.

Back