Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Here goes. A basic height model. Bulkiness, shape, details, placement of towers, etc., are unknown. But, their height should be roughly what's shown here.
250m or 820 feet for the residential towers, and 145m or 475 feet for the office tower.

The ICE model and the Maple Leaf Square model are by Urban Toronto's own Wyliepoon, and available at the sketchup model store.

y1.jpg

y2.jpg

y3.jpg

y4.jpg

y5.jpg

y6.jpg

y7.jpg

y8.jpg

ybhi.jpg

Last edited:

From that image, it looks like York St will over shadow all the other buildings including the banks. It looks HUGE. If Tridel gets 75s on 120-130 Harbour St and 2 x 70s on 90 Harbour St. York St canyon will over power the other buildings and become the most prominent buildings.

Thanks CN for giving us a vision of the future. Imagine if the Signature tower tries to compete for tallest and/or 45 Bay. The landscape of our city is taking a huge shift. In a sense the developers are burying the Gardiner themselves.

This proposal brings out the skyscraper geek in me! I would really love to see some nice tall buildings down here. The only thing I worry about is that they would block the traditional skyline view, so the buildings would have to be stellar designs, since they would be the new face of Toronto. Welcome.

This gonna kill my view, but what the heck, it's looks damn impressive! Lets hope the eventual renders show something really special for this location!

Are the heights correct? It looks like they're taller than the bank buildings!

If they really are, they better look good!

They appear to be about 280m or 290m in those images, which is much too tall. For a building of 70 stories, 90% of the time its height will be between 225m and 245m (One Bloor, at 70s and 238m is a typical example). The taller ICE tower is 234m, that's probably very close in height to what these two towers will be.

Last edited:
Are the heights correct? It looks like they're taller than the bank buildings!

If they really are, they better look good!

I notice that the floor heights in condos tend to make multiple storied buildings seem much shorter than office buildings. I have a question though....I'm hoping someone might be able to enlighten me....how much slope to the lake from King/Bay is there to where these buildings will be? Will they be "lower" so as to allow visibility of the office towers to predominate in the "lake" view of the skyline?

Back