Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

E.B.

re: Commercial tower - we know, you've already posted that article once (thanks), no need to do so again.

AoD

My understanding, from this thread, is that we were not sure what was going to be built at 90 Harbour. And now the general manager of Menkes is saying a condo and maybe a commercial tower are going there. this isn't new info?

EB:

It is - you already posted that info in post #402, with the quote from the Menkes spokesperson - no need to post the exact same statement again in interest of reducing distractions. Thanks!

AoD

EB:

It is - you already posted that info in post #402, with the quote from the Menkes spokesperson - no need to post the exact same statement again in interest of reducing distractions. Thanks!

AoD

I re-posted the article because post #403 seemed to have misunderstood or missed the content; as he noted that the article was about Banksy, not the Menkes quote. clarification needed?

The pillar has been removed -the site is flat and pillar-less. No idea what they did with Bansky pillar though.

I re-posted the article because post #403 seemed to have misunderstood or missed the content; as he noted that the article was about Banksy, not the Menkes quote. clarification needed?

How could Ed007 have missed or misunderstood the content? You bolded it. He had moved on and pulled out something else significant from the article.

How could Ed007 have missed or misunderstood the content? You bolded it. He had moved on and pulled out something else significant from the article.

Maybe Ed007 didn't have his glasses on? Maybe he thought "Banksy" was cute name for a new bank tower and was distracted from the Menkes quote?

EB

Or maybe you're weren't saying anything new (i have suggested the possiblilty of an office component from the rendering alone in post #357, others have done so prior) and we're more interested in the Bansky piece at the moment? Just because you bolded something - in red - twice doesn't mean we are obliged to respond to said quote - that's the nature of discussion forums.

AoD

Last edited:
EB

Or maybe you're weren't saying anything new (i have suggested the possiblilty of an office component from the rendering alone in post #357, others have done so prior) and we're more interested in the Bansky piece at the moment? Just because you bolded something - in red - twice doesn't mean we are obliged to respond to said quote - that's the nature of discussion forums.

Okay, let me see if we're on the same page. I noticed all the postings just prior to #357 to the present have indicated "I think, I suggest, Maybe it's Menkes or Oxford, it's 90 + 60 Harbour, It could be this or that, etc." and your posting above says "i have suggested and the possiblilty of".

Regarding "the rendering" it appears digitec has not indicated where he got it from and in his other posting says:

The picture I uploaded affects both properties, 60 & 90 Harbour St.

90 Harbour will be built on completely, and 60 Harbour's back parking lot will be built on. Both projects apparently by the same development firm.

Some rumours also say that these two projects are NOT by Menkes, they are by Oxford??

Then I posted the globe article that states that Menkes is the developer, and their general manager says that the site is 90 harbour and no mention of 60 harbour. He also says firmly, not speculating, that it's a condo. And says maybe a commercial building.

So, which one of the two options noted above seems more specific and authoritative, the postings on this thread or the Globe article?

EB.

You missed the point - which is reposting the same article being the issue. Just because Ed doesn't respond to it doesn't mean you should repost it again. Does that clarify?

AoD

Okay, let me see if we're on the same page. I noticed all the postings just prior to #357 to the present have indicated "I think, I suggest, Maybe it's Menkes or Oxford, it's 90 + 60 Harbour, It could be this or that, etc." and your posting above says "i have suggested and the possiblilty of".

Regarding "the rendering" it appears digitec has not indicated where he got it from and in his other posting says:

The picture I uploaded affects both properties, 60 & 90 Harbour St.

90 Harbour will be built on completely, and 60 Harbour's back parking lot will be built on. Both projects apparently by the same development firm.

Some rumours also say that these two projects are NOT by Menkes, they are by Oxford??

Then I posted the globe article that states that Menkes is the developer, and their general manager says that the site is 90 harbour and no mention of 60 harbour. He also says firmly, not speculating, that it's a condo. And says maybe a commercial building.

So, which one of the two options noted above seems more specific and authoritative, the postings on this thread or the Globe article?

E.B,

Regarding what you asked, its pretty obvious where I got the "rendering" or picture. If you type on google "60 Harbour St." and go to the images section, that photo I posted will be repeated many times on the page, which means its every where on the net. That's where I got it from.

EB.

You missed the point - which is reposting the same article being the issue. Just because Ed doesn't respond to it doesn't mean you should repost it again. Does that clarify?

AoD

Ed007 did respond to my first post. Anyone who has read the postings over the last few days knows why I reposted the full article.

This is a thread about 90 Harbour and not Banksy.

I don't want to argue about this. Let the readers make up their own minds about the what, where and why.

Last edited:
90 Harbour will be used as a parking lot until the completion of 85 Harbour across the street in 2014: (the new Waterpark III/RBC 30 story building is slated to start in November and the parking lot there will close at the end of the month). As of today, a parking booth has been placed on the site of 90 Harbour and paving machines and other equipment have begun levelling the area for a flat parking surface.

Last edited:
90 Harbour will be used as a parking lot until the completion of 85 Harbour across the street in 2014: (the new Waterpark III/RBC 30 story building is slated to start in November and the parking lot there will close at the end of the month). As of today, a parking booth has been placed on the site of 90 Harbour and paving machines and other equipment have begun levelling the area for a flat parking surface.

Hey thats great info, and welcome to the forum CeciBoccia
Makes sense, its not like Menkes is going to start building immediately..whatever they build there has to go through the city process, which could easily take a year or two, sales and marketing the project will make up the other 1-2 years at which time they will be ready to roll.

Last edited:

Thanks CeciBoccia ....

That is just great :mad: ... 90 Harbour is demolished just to make way for a parking lot ? What's the big rush to demolish the building ??

Last edited:
Thanks CeciBoccia ....

That is just great :mad: ... 90 Harbour is demolished just to make way for a parking lot ? What's the big rush to demolish the building ??

Probably timing..take advantage of demolishing it now with the Province supporting the permits, (not too sure that in 2-3 years the demolition process would run as smooth)..... also income, Parking Lots make money.

Last edited:

Back