Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Menkes welcomes The Second City to its new home at One York Street

TL;DR: 28,700 square feet on the third floor of the retail podium

sikandar

Member Bio
Reaction score

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm glad the Second City found a new home, but it'd be such a change from the previous Second City locations, being in a shiny new office tower, instead of slightly dank commercial buildings. The location in Chicago's Old Town is perfect for its vibe, in an area with a lot of bars and restaurants. I guess they're going to get more in-house food purchases now, though.

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

jdoe1369

Member Bio
Reaction score
So they're not going to punch through the 3rd floor from Dollarama/HealthOne. We're going to have two "separate" 3rd floors.

That's going to be fun. People already get lost with 3rd and 5th. Now we'll have two 3rds and a 5th, all with different elevators and escalators.

Screen+Shot+2019-11-25+at+4.01.12+PM.png

Last edited:

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
So they're not going to punch through the 3rd floor from Dollarama/HealthOne. We're going to have two "separate" 3rd floors.

That's going to be fun. People already get lost with 3rd and 5th. Now we'll have two 3rds and a 5th, all with different elevators and escalators.

View attachment 217254
I don't mind it - Just think of the food court and Second City being 2nd floor stores with a vertical interior circulation element.

It's all a result of Target pulling out though of course, the Third floor was designed to all be a single tenant.

Amare

Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't mind it - Just think of the food court and Second City being 2nd floor stores with a vertical interior circulation element.

It's all a result of Target pulling out though of course, the Third floor was designed to all be a single tenant.
Which Ikea could have filled but chose not to at the time, and now of course they're looking for a space downtown after the perfect location already passed them by.