Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Interesting.. I didn't even know there was a plan for the Harbour Commission site, let alone a render for it.. :confused:
That looks good for that site, but I want a stone/DIFFERENT looking tower for the 90 Harbour site.

So this render is clearly the parking lot surrounding 60 Harbour St. Diff thread admin? (assuming theres even a thread for that property)

I looked for a thread for 60 Harbour Street without success. Perhaps it is time to start a new thread, and transfer the posts about this latest rumour/sneak peek?

The picture I uploaded affects both properties, 60 & 90 Harbour St.

90 Harbour will be built on completely, and 60 Harbour's back parking lot will be built on. Both projects apparently by the same development firm.

Some rumours also say that these two projects are NOT by Menkes, they are by Oxford?? :confused:

Thanks for the image, digitec.

It looks like it shows both of the new towers being slightly higher than the 'Success' tower across Bay, behind them.
If this rendering is even partially accurate, it looks like they're really squeezing these towers in . The Harbour Commission building will be barricaded between them. I think it could use a bit more breathing room.

Last edited:
But their is something weird about this situation, if what is being developed here is pretty clear on the internet, than why isn't their a sign from the developer, or at least a sign from the city of toronto that says what's happening here?? Really weird!! Its not regular for the city of toronto NOT to put some type of notice ANYWHERE on the development site. :confused:

I will repeat my request to digitec: where did you get this image? Perhaps there is more information located at wherever you got this image (provided, of course, that you still remember where you got it from).

Anyone know who owns the parking lots to the north and east of the Harbour Commission Building? Toronto Port Authority? Is it currently one parcel including the Harbour Commission building or is it already subdivided?

The developer (Menkes or Oxford) who owns the whole site of 90 Harbour St. is currently closing a deal with The Toronto Port Authority and CBRE to purchase the parking lot north of The Toronto Harbour Commission Building. CBRE also says that the North Parking INCLUDING THE BUILDING has a price tag of $60 Million. If the East Parking was added, the grand total will be around $80 Million, BIG BUCKS! But The T.P.A is only interested in selling the north parking lot of the site only for now until further notice .

Last edited:
Let's keep this in one thread until we find out if the parking lot for 60 Harbour does in fact become part of the 90 Harbour development site, or whether it doesn't.

I think 60 & 90 Harbour St. are both affected, and both by the same developer (Menkes or Oxford). 90 Harbour St. will be redeveloped completely. The North Parking Lot of
60 Harbour St. will also be redeveloped. The East Parking and The Toronto Harbour Commission Building will remain untouched. So, I think we should keep both developments in
one thread as the two are obviously related.

Urgent!!

THIS JUST IN!!

The Toronto Port Authority has just decided that
The Toronto Harbour Commission Building and the East Parking Lot is going to be INCLUDED with the purchase the Developer (Menkes or Oxford) is making formally for the purchase of the North Parking.

Of Coarse, their is a very strict condition from the city and the T.P.A, the
The Toronto Harbour Commission Building is NOT to be Demolished, Touched, Dismantled, or Moved.

Also, the price has increased, by approximately $5-12 Million. The estimated GRAND COST OF 60 HARBOUR ST. IS NOW ALMOST $80 MILLION!! The cost of the building costs nothing. It may be beautiful inside out, but its USELESS TO THE DEVLOPER, ITS A HERITAGE STRUCTURE! CAN'T BE DEMOLISHED. What made the most difference in the price is The Additional East Parking. The seller (T.P.A) are saying (PREDICTING) that the developer is going to use The building as a Sales Centre for the future developments on the sites. Once everything is sold out, they will put The Toronto Harbour Commission Building up FOR SALE, AGAIN. That is what T.P.A is thinking what the "DEVELOPER" will do most likely. Menkes or Oxford has NO Use for it. T.P.A won't tell who is the developer who is doing the deal!! They want this transaction to be "SECRET". WHY?? Everyone will know sooner or later!! The T.P.A has also said that the deal should be closed by the end of this week or next week.

IF THE DEAL GOES WELL, THE DEVELOPER WELL HAVE ONE HUGE BLOCK OF PRIME LAND IN DOWNTOWN TORONTO!!

Last edited:
the amount of development activity in our town is just incredible...thx digitec for this insider info...

Why is this urgent? Why the capital letters? Obviously the building is a heritage structure and probably one of the most significant, if not the most significant, buildings south of the Gardiner. The TPA probably decided to sell it in with the other land since selling it on its own would never amount to nearly as much. Incorporated into a large master planned block the building might have a better change at fitting in with the concept for the block.

Back