Toronto Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 1) | 231m | 70s | Menkes | a—A

The pattern kinda makes me think this building got 300 kills with the FAMAS in Call of Duty.

*Digital Camo Unlocked*

On that note, I envy how London has fun names for their architectural oddities (The Shard, Gherkin, Walkie Talkie etc).

Petition to name this one "The Cows"

Today.

IMG-20220408-WA0000.jpg

in my opinion, we've really had to lower our expectation about what to get excited about in new builds. There are a few exceptions, but balcony glass patterns is the low budget cheapskate approach, and most of these realized buildings look much worse than the renders. For new condos selling for $1600+ per sq foot, don't we deserve better? Are there no local developers who want to make Toronto look amazing architecturally?

in my opinion, we've really had to lower our expectation about what to get excited about in new builds. There are a few exceptions, but balcony glass patterns is the low budget cheapskate approach, and most of these realized buildings look much worse than the renders. For new condos selling for $1600+ per sq foot, don't we deserve better? Are there no local developers who want to make Toronto look amazing architecturally?
Agreed. Very lazy attempt to make the building look interesting.

Back