Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Even if I could afford to go there for lunch, I'd rather avoid supporting egomaniacs like Donald Trump.

I wonder how many people refuse to spend a dollar at a place just because it has Trump's name, yet will still buy a Ford vehicle knowing what a POS Henry Ford was.

We had our staff Christmas party at the hotel last weekend - and it was top notch stuff

Are the glass barriers there to prevent people from jumping over once they get the bill?

Ha! I do agree, the food is fantastic, but the prices at STOCK are a little bit high. From what I have heard, there are going to be some minor changes to make the menu a little more accommodating for a wider range of people. As I mentioned prior, I am no longer with the development team, but am still semi-connected to the grapevine :)

The glass barrier is primarily there to block the elements (wind/rain, etc.) and provide a bit of extra safety.

Even if I could afford to go there for lunch, I'd rather avoid supporting egomaniacs like Donald Trump.

When dining at STOCK or SUITS you are supporting a Toronto-based company and not Mr. Trump. And as mis-referenced earlier by someone, the property is owned by Talon International Development, whose Chairman, Alex Shnaider is a Canadian citizen of Russian descent (his family immigrated to Canada when he was a young boy).

lol I was curious so I looked up the "Stock" menu. 7$ for a glass of orange juice. define "a while", is that a century, or a millenium? I think average people avoid these places because they don't feel welcome. The servers probably size you up the second you enter, decide whether to expect a big tip, and then based on that judgement, decide whether or not to spit in your 7$ orange juice.

You sound so paranoid. Last time we went there, my girlfriend and I were running late (pun not intended :p) and went in our gym outfits. The staff did not make any fuss at all, and service was exceptional. My only issue with the balcony is that there is often someone smoking a cigar when I go, and it is really quite obnoxious.

When dining at STOCK or SUITS you are supporting a Toronto-based company and not Mr. Trump. And as mis-referenced earlier by someone, the property is owned by Talon International Development, whose Chairman, Alex Shnaider is a Canadian citizen of Russian descent (his family immigrated to Canada when he was a young boy).

Thanks for the clarification, trumptoronto. There seems to be a lot of unnecessary hate for this building and what it represents. What is wrong with having the wealthy elite actually wanting to take up residence in the middle of our financial district? That says a lot about Toronto and how desirable living here is.

Ha! I do agree, the food is fantastic, but the prices at STOCK are a little bit high. From what I have heard, there are going to be some minor changes to make the menu a little more accommodating for a wider range of people.

It's disappointing to hear they are making the menu more generic than it already is, just so they can accommodate a wider range of people.
How come the Trump hotel's in Chicago and NYC or Toronto's Bosk in the Shangrila Hotel, can have modern innovative cuisine but Trump Toronto can't?

Biggest issue i had with STOCK wasn't the prices, (which i found on par with other fine dining restaurants) it was the generic food and menu. I could have gotten the same meal at just about any other hotel restaurant. it was that average.

Also the noise level at STOCK is unbelievable loud for a fine dining restaurant.

It's disappointing to hear they are making the menu more generic than it already is, just so they can accommodate a wider range of people.
How come the Trump hotel's in Chicago and NYC or Toronto's Bosk in the Shangrila Hotel, can have modern innovative cuisine but Trump Toronto can't?

Biggest issue i had with STOCK wasn't the prices, (which i found on par with other fine dining restaurants) it was the generic food and menu. I could have gotten the same meal at just about any other hotel restaurant. it was that average.

Also the noise level at STOCK is unbelievable loud for a fine dining restaurant.

Just to clarify, there are no plans to make the menu more "generic" at STOCK. What I was referring to is making some options a little more affordable--especially for lunch. The quality of the food at STOCK is very good and consistent every time I've eaten there. It's not an eclectic menu. That was by design. It's comfort food, very well sourced, prepared and presented. I've always had a great meal. But, I certainly agree in regards to the noise level after 9pm when the DJ starts. I've never been a fan of that. I prefer my fine dining to be a little easier to also enjoy great conversation as well.

Jan 1
They better turn off the Lights until they get the LED fix as it an embarrassment with it turn on at night with only a section or 2 working
11705417233_e7601cd43b_b.jpg

11705137865_74d26c8199_b.jpg

I heard that they finally added the "P" to "TRUM" on the north side. Someone should take a pics of this historic moment.

I heard that they finally added the "P" to "TRUM" on the north side. Someone should take a pics of this historic moment.

It's true - I saw it this morning. I left my phone behind at home this morning so was unable to get a picture

Back