Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Nice. They seem to avoid trendiness with the decor which should stand them well in the long run.

The hotel rooms at Trump are rather large, the smallest room starts at 550 Sq ft. I have been in a room at the Ritz Carlton, it was surprising small for a new hotel room plus the windows don't open.

In keeping with steveve's last post, here are some interior pics of a hotel room. These were taken back in June. Stayed on the 16th floor. Not much of a view, but the room and the service was great.

5.JPG

very nice room indeed! the bathroom looks huge.

Union Station

The hotel rooms at Trump are rather large, the smallest room starts at 550 Sq ft. I have been in a room at the Ritz Carlton, it was surprising small for a new hotel room plus the windows don't open.

Sorry for going off topic, but this gives a good side-by-side... I have to agree that the Ritz did have a smaller standard room than the Trump, however it wasn't that much smaller. Overall, the Ritz has a much more subtle/discreet feeling compared to Trump. Here are a few similar shots of the Ritz, taken on New Years eve. (Oddly enough, I was on the 16th floor of both hotels).

1Ritz.jpg

2Ritz.jpg

3Ritz.jpg

4Ritz.jpg

5Ritz.jpg

6Ritz.jpg

I honestly can't tell the difference from the above, and a typical Marriott hotel room ... for example, which is probably half the price ?

Even if they look similar,
at the Ritz you will sleep in a comfortable bed and enjoy a delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner
at a Marriot you will sleep in a mildly comfortable bed and wake up with breakfast, lunch and dinner bites from bedbugs.

Even if they look similar,
at the Ritz you will sleep in a comfortable bed and enjoy a delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner
at a Marriot you will sleep in a mildly comfortable bed and wake up with breakfast, lunch and dinner bites from bedbugs.

Seriously ? ...

Are you making a general comment on Marriot or any hotels that go for under $200 / $300 a night ?

Don't think for a moment that five-star hotels don't get bedbugs. Chances are real good that they have their staff trained to inspect each suite regularly and report any suspicious findings pronto.

The bottle of Johnnie Red at the Ritz is kind of surprising. I figured they'd be a little more upscale in their offerings

The interiors of Trump vs. Ritz aren't even comparable, not even close. I agree with the Marriott comment, I've stayed at a CourtYard by Marriott that was definitely nicer and larger than the above room at the Ritz.

A lot of contrast (colour/finish wise) between Trump and the Ritz, light and day.. the Ritz definitely goes for that bright, warm feel (a lot of wood finishes) throughout both their rooms and lobby... same with Trump, the shiny black granite look throughout the lobby and rooms.

and from those Ritz photos, the corridor and washroom look pretty nice, as for the bedroom area, it's nowhere near horrible, but i would have expected slightly more

Maybe it's just that Trump goes for that over the top, in-your-face, luxurious feel - which works.

Back