Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

6Ritz.jpg

Rob and Doug should have a sumo wrestling match on top of Roy Thompson Hall.

When is this thing gonna be done? they REALLY seem to be taking their time. From the east you can still see green netting on the back of the onion and the Trump lettering isn't finished.

When is this thing gonna be done? they REALLY seem to be taking their time. From the east you can still see green netting on the back of the onion and the Trump lettering isn't finished.

Still no working light strip either, which was supposed to be September. I was hoping for a launch last night during Nuit Blanche, previously during TIFF.

And there's STILL that missing green glass panel on the west side of the building about 10-12 storeys up. It looks like an ugly pockmark on the building. I don't see any of the other recent builds with such an obvious missing piece.
(Yeah, I'm obsessed with that panel, but I see it daily from my lunchroom. I'm incredulous that such a luxe building could leave that thing unrepaired for so long.)

Still no working light strip either, which was supposed to be September. I was hoping for a launch last night during Nuit Blanche, previously during TIFF.

When I arrived back home from London England exactly a year ago today, I noted that the mast (although bare) had finally been erected. Here we are exactly a year later, and this thing is still being finished. Go figure. Looks really bad on Trump.

I've seen the top of the light strip on during recent nights. Wasn't close enough to see if the entire thing was lit.

That's how it looked on Saturday night during Nuit Blanche when I went by.

Aren't there a couple of mis-matched panels on the west side? Unless they've replaced some of them by now, I believe there were 4 or 5 of them.

This one isn't mis-matched. It's plain out and out missing. Something like particleboard shows underneath. That's why I called it a pock mark.

Had a chance to fly back in for Thanksgiving weekend and couldn't resist a walk on the holiday Monday. Effin gorge out there. Here's Trump, looking a bit more handsome than it actually is, I thought.

CIMG5160.jpg

Back