Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

They were having all kinds of problems on the lighting last night and were not getting the light show I shot a few nights ago.

Looking that the tower at the base on Bay St around midnight, the full length was broken/missing in spots and would go blank at time. Only saw 2 colours.

I did some shooting from Fort York last night and it starting to stand out. Photos and Videos to follow.

They're probably just running tests, calibrating etc., they did the same thing with the CN tower for two or three weeks before it went live. I saw at least four colours last night over several hours.

today:

X9GE6.jpg

can't wait for INDX/100 adelaide to be built, and complete this view. Trump looks awkwardly lonely on that side of the street, with nothing tall built up on the west side of bay street/north side of adelaide block.

Those tower's will further encompass Bay/King as the skyscraper valley of Canada :D

It's interesting, in that photo, to compare the genuine setbacks on Lyle's Bank of Nova Scotia building with the cosmetic setbacks on the mostly box-like, flat-topped Trump.

Y r there still mismatched windows. Thought they would've taken care of that already!!

I think I read that the windows will be fixed when the building goes into its regular maintenance phase, rather than during the initial construction phase. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

It's interesting, in that photo, to compare the genuine setbacks on Lyle's Bank of Nova Scotia building with the cosmetic setbacks on the mostly box-like, flat-topped Trump.

You are so right! I have never looked at Trump from that perspective before. It does mimic Scotia slightly! I'm sure it is purely by accident though. :)

And Trump said 'Let there be a light-strip!'.

[video]http://youtu.be/SqWdQsHatL0[/video]

[video=youtube;SqWdQsHatL0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqWdQsHatL0[/video]

Above and below, handheld from the top of Manulife, wasn't prepared with a tripod.

TrumpLEDP1280596.jpg

TrumpLEDP1280602.jpg

Quick question I have been wondering about. Does anyone know if the LED light panels will wrap about all 4 sides of the spire?

They do. You can see in the video above that the beam of light coming off the spire is twice the thickness compared to what's below. The crow's nest seems not to affect the light at all from a distance.

A reminder that developments in architecture and design often follow on the heals of developments in technology and/or materials. Moreso than with the CN Tower where the LED lighting was an after-thought addition Trump incorporates the lighting in its very design, and to a greater degree than many others we've seen.

very cool shots/vid ^^^

i wonder what kinda lighting patterns/rhythms they'll do, like the up and down illuminating/deluminating thing? or the changing colour effect?... intense.

i also wonder if they'll outline the onion dome with some sorta lighting,

i also wonder if they'll outline the onion dome with some sorta lighting,
I was just thinking the same thing, it would look really cool if there were spotlights illuminating the dome

Back