Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

are you referring to how the place-holds for the LEDs face north, rather than the same angle at which the bldg's corner faces?
No they don't. They face the proper direction (towards the NW corner). There is nothing to correct.

The spire actually sways quite a bit in the wind, so you guys are probably seeing that.

I know it's been mentioned before, but boy oh boy, is that spire ever crooked.

It looks like its off by 3-6 degrees

I don't know what crooked spire you guys are looking at. Take any of those photos and you'll see that the photo itself is generally not level. if you follow the vertical lines of the buildings within those photos - even the tilted or twisted perspective ones - the spire extends from the vertical lines of the building perfectly, as well as surrounding buildings. It's not crooked at all.

from a distance, from today

20111004059.jpg

20111004046.jpg

20111004047.jpg

thanks drum118 and Mike in TO for those pics ^^^ the spire is very appropriate from any angle. it looks real good.
and from Bay street (near college) Scotia doesn't look so tall anymore :D!

I don't know what crooked spire you guys are looking at. Take any of those photos and you'll see that the photo itself is generally not level. if you follow the vertical lines of the buildings within those photos - even the tilted or twisted perspective ones - the spire extends from the vertical lines of the building perfectly, as well as surrounding buildings. It's not crooked at all.

yeah I guess so.

Trump this afternoon. Much of the crane has been disassembled and more of the metal cage at the bottom of the spire/top of the dome has been removed.

and from Bay street (near college) Scotia doesn't look so tall anymore :D!

I dunno about that, it still seems to dominate Trump from any view, imo.
Its like the old comparisons between Sears and Petronas. I've never thought of Petronas as being the taller one, even though 'officially':rolleyes: it apparently is.

Maybe its just me but to be completely honest, I've never though of the Chrysler Building as being the world's first 'supertall' skyscraper either, despite the iconic spire. Which is still probably the best integration of a spire on a building in modern history.

Last edited:
It's the angle that it's shot at

Yesterday evening, from Gläs:

20111004Trump1.jpg

20111004Trump2.jpg

20111004Shangri-La.jpg

DntnFrmGläsUT1440.jpg

Last edited:

Back