Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

I was checking out the spire on my drive down the DVP/Gardiner and back today (no pics, sorry, I was driving!), and I think the spire looks great on the skyline. I was surprised by how much better it makes Trump look, and I can't wait to see it lit up at night.

They actually recently filled the top two vacant floors. I wouldn't call the place dead, either. Go around lunchtime and you'll see everyone come out at the lobby, either heading to the underground food court, or to the square for lunch.

I second this. I can see into a number of the occupied lower floors from my workplace, and except for two mostly unoccupied floors, they're well filled. There are a couple of nice boardroom type rooms on the Bay-Adelaide corner spots.

The concourse level isn't fully occupied yet, but the food court is very popular (and loud at times) and there's a lot of through traffic to the Eaton Centre linkup.

Have they done an official measurement of the height of the spire to comfirm that it is higher than Scotia (allowing for height correction), or is that just the height the spire will be regardless of whether it is taller or not?

I keep wondering; each angle I see, (esp in person), I just don't think that spire is actually taller than Scotia!?

I would suggest that UrbanDreamer's photo on the previous page is the best evidence we have... but its not much, maybe a few metres.

Last edited:
Nuit Blanche:

6206401200_7b35382809_z.jpg

6205859807_9b7af19e1d_z.jpg

Last edited:
I know it's been mentioned before, but boy oh boy, is that spire ever crooked.

are you referring to how the place-holds for the LEDs face north, rather than the same angle at which the bldg's corner faces?
If so, that bothers me as well. I'm going to wait til it's complete to pass final judgement, so hopefully it's 'corrected' cuz it looks off.

Back