Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

nice.... nothing better than freshly poured columns on the north-west corner!....
alas, the most exclusive bedroom in toronto (possibly one of Canada's) is being formed..... (or is it the next level?.... i lost track)

Steveve, if I am not mistaken, those top columns are for the 57th floor (Construction Level 56). That would be the Lounge and Dining Room and of course the staircase and elevator on the Northwest corner. The private Master retreat is another floor above this.

(Which happens to be my favourite floor, because of the private Gym and Saunas on the South side. I can do my Bench Presses while watching the fools at King and Bay trying to make a buck! Muwahahahahaha! )

Last edited:
haha... yeah, you are right about this one, the master bedroom is 1 more above this... jeesh! everytime i see these floorplans, i drool...

Last edited by a moderator:
20110711053.jpg

20110711056.jpg

20110711072.jpg

20110711048.jpg

Last edited:
I think someone once mentioned that Trump was built to look facadectomized (sp?) which looks even more true now.

I don't think it was built to look that way. I think it was built to look like it fits in with it's neighbours, maybe appearing "facadectomized"?

So I'm looking at the lights for the NW corner right now, and they're called "iColor" so .... my guess is that they can potentially change colour.

I am all for environmentally-considerate, architectural lighting on buildings... However, 57 floor multi-coloured chaser-light barber poles with horizontal accents, hardly says 5-Star hotel... Not even in Vegas. OK... Maybe in Vegas... But at conservative King and Bay?

I would be more in favour of a tasteful monotone of a light golden-hue, reminiscent of 1930's incandescent lighting to a garish "Eat at Joe's"-style tracer rainbow running the length of the tower.

Ahhhh but I criticize before I have seen the final product... *says to self* 'Have faith, they may have good taste when it comes to their exterior lighting. After all, their interiors seem to be quite elegant.'

*crosses fingers*

I’m not sure I like the colours of the glass. Looks weird compared to the Scotia building next door. I wonder why they decided to go in this direction.

I am all for environmentally-considerate, architectural lighting on buildings... However, 57 floor multi-coloured chaser-light barber poles with horizontal accents, hardly says 5-Star hotel... Not even in Vegas. OK... Maybe in Vegas... But at conservative King and Bay?

I would be more in favour of a tasteful monotone of a light golden-hue, reminiscent of 1930's incandescent lighting to a garish "Eat at Joe's"-style tracer rainbow running the length of the tower.

Ahhhh but I criticize before I have seen the final product... *says to self* 'Have faith, they may have good taste when it comes to their exterior lighting. After all, their interiors seem to be quite elegant.'

*crosses fingers*

I highly doubt we'll ever see the full capabilities of the led lighting. It will most likely just stay one colour most, if not all of the time.

not sure why the curved facade part was put on the north side when it's facing Bay Adelaide, people would notice it more if it was on the southside/or if they ALSO put one on the south side..... anyway,,,

not sure why the curved facade part was put on the north side when it's facing Bay Adelaide, people would notice it more if it was on the southside/or if they ALSO put one on the south side..... anyway,,,

Perhaps several failed attempts at building on the site to the North (Bay Adelaide West) emboldened the architect to design for the whole North of Toronto to enjoy the interesting view. (Thinking nothing was ever going to get built where the stump was)

Yeah, pretty close, actually.

*crosses fingers*

I highly doubt we'll ever see the full capabilities of the led lighting. It will most likely just stay one colour most, if not all of the time.

I agree with this. Everything that I've read or heard suggests that it will simply remain one colour.

Last edited:

Back