Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

okay,
So level 57 is the top floor of the super-penthouse,
Level 58 is the TRUMP logo area (i guess mechanical?)
and Level 59 is basically as high as you can go on the building (rooftop i guess... the area behind the dome

any idea what the super penthouse floors will be clad in? (is it the same glass or granite of some sort)

Yeah, exactly. The super penthouses start at L54.

The blue area that you see on that drawing is going to be clad in aluminium. This starts at L56, where this is a large setback for a patio area. What exactly that aluminium material look like, I do not know. The glass on the dome itself is going to match-up with glass on the rest of the building leading up to it. The public art glass will carry all the way up the NW corner to the spire itself.

okay,
So level 57 is the top floor of the super-penthouse,
Level 58 is the TRUMP logo area (i guess mechanical?)
and Level 59 is basically as high as you can go on the building (rooftop i guess... the area behind the dome

any idea what the super penthouse floors will be clad in? (is it the same glass or granite of some sort)

So what are those last 2 floor heights...cause regarding height this thing is just not cutting it for me.:confused:

Its starting to look like it will resemble the original version (obviously before it got chopped down) than the following building renders.

TrumpTower.jpg

Trump Toronto is no longer contributibg to this thread and this the most exciting time for this tower. Is there any chance they might a couple of floors??? Hoping yes.

Trump Toronto is no longer contributibg to this thread and this the most exciting time for this tower. Is there any chance they might a couple of floors??? Hoping yes.

yeah, but we have their multiple Facebook pages and WopChop!!! :D
and regarding floor increases.... only in the dream world.... lol, bur what we CAN hope for, is for a more visually higher appearance than anticipated,!

Trump Photos from this afternoon!
I think we can all say that this tower IS the height of the bay adelaide centre!!! (give or take 3-4 feet hehe)

5738258281_847a7defd0_b.jpg

5738805850_ec2ba2cf92_b.jpg

5738793630_d1502a50c2_b.jpg

5738262827_daf30427e2_b.jpg

5738808724_beac6de297_b.jpg

5738266751_a9016fc159_b.jpg

5738264185_a25e930aa4_b.jpg

5738261499_04415b7385_b.jpg

5738265329_612b2af34f_b.jpg

From afar:
5738243257_82ba6a862e_b.jpg

All photos by me: steveve

so, wopchop, what exactly isthe deal with the mismatched window cladding on those two floors on the west side???
They are temporary replacement panels. The proper glass will be installed later when we go back to reglaze all the other broken windows / granite.

So no, they were not mismatched on purpose ;) I believe that I might have mentioned earlier that any mismatched cladding that you see is temporary. Can't recall.

Last edited:
I find Trump Toronto to be 'ungainly' rather than ugly, per se. If nothing else it conveys some boldness and drama at this location, and some kitschy-ness. The glass and materials are quite good too... so worst building of the 21st century? There are just so many others to choose from that Hume's focus on Trump seems like a bit of a bitch slap.

Last edited:

Back