Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

thank you ..... someone who looks positively over something as serious as this project... so many people are cranky because of the box shape buildings popping up everywhere and they even take their anger out on the newer, better, taller ones.... cmon guys this building is Fabulous.

It wouldn't take much for Trump's designers to pull a Chrysler Building and modify the 1/4 dome into a ful dome+spire and take it to 1000'. It would certainly make it a bit more visible.

It wouldn't take much for Trump's designers to pull a Chrysler Building and modify the 1/4 dome into a ful dome+spire and take it to 1000'. It would certainly make it a bit more visible.

I totally agree. it would be nice if this building was a tad bit higher. Howeverr at 1000' with spire it's not a noticeable difference. Scotia Plaza will still appear taller and it will stillappear considerably smaller than FCP. Trump would need to be atleast a legit 1050 to the top of the 1/4 dome to make an impact, and 1100+ feet with a spire. Still it's not too shabby of a project, will definately add some variety to Toronto's skyline.

Does everyone remember the early Simpsons episode when Homer discovers he has a brother (voiced by Danny DeVito) and his brother Herb allows Homer free reign to design a car for his company? Does everyone remember what Herb sounded like when they finally revealed the hideous monstrosity dubbed The Homer?

That is how Trump will sound when he shows up for the Grand Opening of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvn9k8dnhjI

;)

If he shows up at all. He has his hands full trying to prove Obama is a Kenyan and he is probably going run for president of USA:rolleyes:

^^^ very comical the way you prased that. Ya, I heard the Repubs already questioning Donald's credentials as a Republican. Apparently he's too soft on poor people...

toronto doesn't have anything like this yet, (onion dome + spire combo), at least not to this scale, i think it's a fun addition to the core, :D

I agree! I hated this building once construction first started, biggest pet peeve was the varied floor heights. But w/ everything in place, this is gonna be an awesome addition to the City! MUCH better than Trump Chicaco, which IMO looks like a 1980's bldg.

I agree! I hated this building once construction first started, biggest pet peeve was the varied floor heights. But w/ everything in place, this is gonna be an awesome addition to the City! MUCH better than Trump Chicaco, which IMO looks like a 1980's bldg.

i know looks so crummy? NOT SAYING 1980'S BUILDINGS ARE CRUMMY... just trump chicago is a crummy 1980's building...

I had the pleasure of meeting Mickael Damelincourt, General Manager of the Trump International Hotel and Tower Toronto and he made several comments that mention the building's elevation at 65 levels.

65 huh? That's why this is the only project title with "ish" after the number of floors: there has never been a satisfying, definitive answer to how tall this thing will be. We'll wait and see.

42ish

so wait... we know how tall it'll be but not the floor count???? or we dont actually know the height yet

I dont think anyone knows much regarding height after they scaled it down from the original proposed height of 70 storeys and over 1000 feet/300 meters to 59 floors (925feet/282 meters).. 60 storeys has been mentioned all along, but then again 62 storeys has poped up once in a while as the final floor count, now 65 storeys. Hey, with over 50 floors already built it wont be long before the drama ends.:)

Back