Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Lol. My friend works in KPMG and his office's view is slowly being overtaken by TT. Lol. These photos were taken from his office in July 2010.

181730_10150092766949213_505539212_6369094_981807_n.jpg

168296_10150092766994213_505539212_6369095_6454988_n.jpg

I know, I know - my camera is pure crap and the day couldn't be more grey, but at least this gives you an idea of what I was talking about in my last post... Anxious to see this thing surpass BA.

sweet sweet vantage point! and yea, i had no idea the glass had started on the east side! it's weird that the granite didn't finish up though. the mechanical levels are still un-granite clad.

and in Dtowner's posted pics, trump's curved facade looking down is definitely nice to look at from Bay adelaide. the transition zone from the straight granite to the curved glass facade was executed well. very nice indeed :D

sweet sweet vantage point! and yea, i had no idea the glass had started on the east side! it's weird that the granite didn't finish up though. the mechanical levels are still un-granite clad.

and in Dtowner's posted pics, trump's curved facade looking down is definitely nice to look at from Bay adelaide. the transition zone from the straight granite to the curved glass facade was executed well. very nice indeed :D

The vantage point was alot sweeter before Trump blocked our (admittedly partial) view of the CN Tower - which I especially miss at night, but if Trump's rooftop element is what it promises to be, I'll take the hit in the name of density... It is weird about the lack of granite cladding on the mechanical levels but they'll get around to it soon no doubt. The curved facade (combined with varying floor heights and variations in the teal cladding) are what make this building (IMO).

This is a joy now.

From my vantage point in the heart of Cabbagetown, it has become a joy to see this building poking up between Scotia Plaza and BA Centre, with FCP as a backdrop. I should try to get a photo soon when Trump gets a bit taller, to show you all the effect .. it's becoming a lovely forest. I am super-glad this building will get an off-centre pointy top to offset all the adjacent squared-off buildings. Just think, this will be the second-tallest in the King/Bay clump. For a while, anyway.

Once four (or so) more floors are added, I will take a picture from Carlton and Sumach, and post it.

The toronto star mentioned the trump hotel opening next month in their Ritz article(s):

"The Trump International Hotel & Tower opens next month in the city’s financial core. That will be followed by a new Shangri-La Toronto on University Avenue, and a new Four Seasons Hotel in Yorkville."

"With the Thompson Hotel opening last summer, the Trump International Hotel & Tower scheduled to debut next month, and a new Shangri-La and Four Seasons on the horizon, Toronto’s hotel scene has gone decidedly upscale."

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/938869--toronto-puts-on-the-ritz

http://www.thestar.com/travel/ontar...-6-000-a-night-at-new-ritz-carlton-in-toronto

The hotel in Trump Tower Chicago opened before the building construction was completed. According to Wikipedia "The 339-room hotel opened for business with limited accommodations and services on January 30, 2008. April 28 of that year marked the grand opening with full accommodation and services. A restaurant on the 16th floor, named Sixteen, opened in early 2008 to favorable reviews. The building topped out in late 2008 and construction was completed in 2009."

The hotel in Trump Tower Chicago opened before the building construction was completed. According to Wikipedia "The 339-room hotel opened for business with limited accommodations and services on January 30, 2008. April 28 of that year marked the grand opening with full accommodation and services. A restaurant on the 16th floor, named Sixteen, opened in early 2008 to favorable reviews. The building topped out in late 2008 and construction was completed in 2009."

yes, i know, but isn't the trump toronto hotel only accepting reservations in august (or something like that), march is WAY before that. hmm... i'm confused :confused:

When can we realistically expect this to top out? It seems like it hasn't grown in a couple of months.

no one knows when the spire will arrive, but i'd say late summer.
as the trump videos stated, the real challenges lie ahead.
There are transition floors on the 54th and 56th floors which will take a while to pour, then after that the mechanical and onion dome. these will all take a while.

and i believe there will be a secondary crane that will help bring down the tower crane which i'm not sure will stick around to help out with the spire.

In the interests of additional angst reduction here is another photo. And revolta, you haven't been paying attention, this thing has grown a lot in the last couple of months.

5453449237_706b8d146b_b.jpg

Back