Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

It's off to a good start, I'm really keen on following this now. I don't recall ever seeing the renderings from the previous page either, which I really like.

I love the hideously rusted light standards the artist included in his second render. Now that is attention to detail and realism!

LOL

I almost fell out of my chair laughing at this one.. omg!!

What is up with the artist, I thought the Trump people would replace the light standards, or at least the ones right in front of their building....

photos by me

sany1600m.jpg

sany1597.jpg

sany1599.jpg

The cladding is moving along at a pretty nice clip now. Can't wait to see more of the installation progress throughout the parking levels.... The green glass, has a nice dark Dubai tint to it, shouldn't look like any of the recently completely green towers that draw scourge here. This is very hot and sexy green glass, the photo Geekaroo took, is all we need to see that, it actually looks like, blue or black glass from some angles...

This may be the longest debate and discussion EVER after the placement of just one piece of cladding.

What geeks. I love it! Really I do.

Last edited:
Here's a couple of pics of the recladding of the Verizon Building in NYC (1095 Avenue of the Americas) circa 2007 with a similar colour of green glass. Hopefully Trump's green glass won't reach the top of the tower.

^Hmmmmm... The floor heights change on this building the same as Ritz but only in reverse. That is: Shorter on the top then the bottom where as Ritz is higher per floor on the upper floors. For Ritz it's the difference between hotel and residential floors. Do you know why the Verizon building is this way?

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the granite pics!!!!! -steveve :D

The granite looks really nice!... it adds alot to the glass next to it!

Thanks again :)

So is that a giant granite panel - like a precast panel, but of cut stone?

I assume it's like CrystalBlu. Stone tiles glued onto a precast concrete panel.

Thanks for all the hard work this week!... Without you guys its impossible to keep track of this progress :)

Glad to see new pieces being added each day!... its all coming together now!... I'm starting to like the cladding alot now!... the grey really looks nice with the green/black!

Is there any (design/engineering/aesthetic) reason why the cladding started at the second floor and not from the ground up?

Is there any (design/engineering/aesthetic) reason why the cladding started at the second floor and not from the ground up?

It's actually the third floor or approximately as best as can be said for Trump's weird first few floors.

I'm guessing: Because it's such a tight construction site at ground level and with front loaders, delivery trucks and such, that they will wait until nearer the end to clad the lowest floor, to protect it from damage.

:D

Back