Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

The aspect of concern is the green colour
- which places it squarely within a Markham business park of the 1990s.

That glass is seemingly representative of the spine that goes up the corner and then expands around the tower
- i.e. it's representative of the top of the whole tower - even if the bottom is clad in a nice black granite.

The Tiffany green is disgusting! That's my first opinion. I'm praying that it will grow on me as they install more panels.

Here's an old post that might shed some light.

Still waiting for you to find that quote where I said this project wouldn't get built.

You'd think so, but most of his posts indicate massive emotional investment in this project. Make fun of Trump's hair and he'll dig up posts you made in 2007.

It originally looked something like the first image, but now it's probably closer to the first half of the second image:

trumptorontocs5.jpg
comparisonxd3.jpg

The Tiffany green is disgusting! That's my first opinion. I'm praying that it will grow on me as they install more panels.

i wouldn't judge it so fast... It's just like with Crystal Blu... Most people HATED the glass when it first arrived... but then when more arrived, people got used to it...

****And in the second photo of trump... notice that area of cladding at the corner of the photo near the base of the building... It looks ALOT similar to what we see in that photo... check it out! (the dark green area with the lighter border around it...it's only a small section covering 4 floors before the clear glass begins...

*Just above the fins, just below the all-glass section of the tower

Last edited:

good catch Geekaroo ... but I wouldn't be too concerned, it seems like this is only the first panel of spandrel glass (which is pretty consistent with the green+black glass combo in the rendering) :D

Regardless of what you think of the colour, there is nothing else like it in Toronto. It will be striking and will in no way blend into surrounding buildings like so many other recent projects.

^ If we go by the renderings in post #3603, those panels should cover most of the building. On the lower floors there will only be one panel and then the black stone (granite) will take over. Lighter coloured panels will be installed on the corners.

That glass is so dark!

I love it! I can this might turn out really well

Looks like my prediction of the cladding coming within the next week or two (in the post right before the first cladding pic) was slightly off... :)

I would have preferred a slightly blue tone but this will still look really slick. Especially when the colour of the stone cladding is matched up against it. I think this is the first time I have gotten excited at the results of Trump since construction started.

Likely well too early to tell, but in my imagination extrapolating that all over the building makes me think this will look incredible. I agree this is very exciting, I hope my imagination is accurate and it turns out similarly in real life. :)

Back