Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Those black and white signs hanging from the canopy?
They are there temporarily to advertise the sales of the remaining units. Extremely poor marketing, IMO.

I couldn't agree more. And have you seen the trumptoronto.ca (or trumptorontoresidences.com) web site recently? I'm at a loss for words...

I think the main issue is that they haven't been marketing The Residences much locally for the past couple of years and I think most people aren't even aware that they are still selling. I wish them all of the luck in the world, but I can't say I agree with the direction they are going in. These are not mid-level Minto/Tridel condominiums.

The lighting feature of Trump Tower is going crazy right now, doing all kinds of cool tricks. It's still just a purplish/white light but the lighting patterns are quite cool. A few years ago I saw the vibrant colours this lighting feature is capable of, so I'm waiting for something more than that purplish glow.

I can only see the top portion of Trump, BAC1 blocks the view of the bottom 3/4 of the tower from my POV. The lights were solid at times (puple'ish-pink), then zooming up and down. I can't say what was going on below, but the lighting did go all the way to the top of the spire.

Last edited:
It's on now. I can also only see the top from where I am. Not sure if it's functioning properly but it is definitely an improvement. Love that it's purple on a teal tower. Good colour combo

Ahem. (To see this full screen in HD, click on the YouTube logo after you click the PLAY icon. Then choose the Full Screen icon.)

…and as soon as I put the camera down, it was doing something else, unlike anything that had come before.

Back