Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Those black and white signs hanging from the canopy?
They are there temporarily to advertise the sales of the remaining units. Extremely poor marketing, IMO.

I couldn't agree more. And have you seen the trumptoronto.ca (or trumptorontoresidences.com) web site recently? I'm at a loss for words...

I think the main issue is that they haven't been marketing The Residences much locally for the past couple of years and I think most people aren't even aware that they are still selling. I wish them all of the luck in the world, but I can't say I agree with the direction they are going in. These are not mid-level Minto/Tridel condominiums.

The lighting feature of Trump Tower is going crazy right now, doing all kinds of cool tricks. It's still just a purplish/white light but the lighting patterns are quite cool. A few years ago I saw the vibrant colours this lighting feature is capable of, so I'm waiting for something more than that purplish glow.

I can only see the top portion of Trump, BAC1 blocks the view of the bottom 3/4 of the tower from my POV. The lights were solid at times (puple'ish-pink), then zooming up and down. I can't say what was going on below, but the lighting did go all the way to the top of the spire.

Last edited:
It's on now. I can also only see the top from where I am. Not sure if it's functioning properly but it is definitely an improvement. Love that it's purple on a teal tower. Good colour combo

Back