Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

It truly would be nice to know when the lightline or whatever its called, will be up and running. I keep looking out the window on the off chance I might see it, but have missed it this past year.

Last edited:
Nice Ceiling
9024132570_3893da2249_b.jpg

Nice Ceiling

haha wow, that's been like that for a couple weeks hasn't it? I'm not five star expert, but wouldn't something like that be an easily fixable thing that would be important to keep up the sharade that you are in a finished hotel? People might think renovations are going on, and not decide to stay there.

I highly doubt someone is going to walk past and see that and say "Gee - they must have work going on, I'm not going to stay here"

I highly doubt someone is going to walk past and see that and say "Gee - they must have work going on, I'm not going to stay here"

Lots of people actually do that. They avoid hotels with renovations going on. That being said, I kind of meant it as a joke since the thing seems to be stuck in a perpetually unfinished state.

Lots of people actually do that. They avoid hotels with renovations going on. That being said, I kind of meant it as a joke since the thing seems to be stuck in a perpetually unfinished state.

I know people who wont check in until they check the lobby bathrooms.. If they saw this on the way in then they wouldn't even get to the washrooms.

haha wow, that's been like that for a couple weeks hasn't it? I'm not five star expert, but wouldn't something like that be an easily fixable thing that would be important to keep up the sharade that you are in a finished hotel? People might think renovations are going on, and not decide to stay there.
I just upload the photo since I am way behind doing them. They are not even fix and if I was to wait until they were done, you may see them in 6 months. I am backlog badly at this time in doing them.

Let see how long it takes them to fix it considering the P is still missing along with missing panels. Must be on the bottom of the Ocean in one of the containers that fell overboard.

I believe that damage was caused by a truck driver who didn't check the clearance sign when backing into the loading dock. It is quite a mess but I would imagine they are planning to fix it soon..... logically speaking at least.

An update on the sale of Trump Tower. It turns out it was internal. One of the owners consolidated ownership so probably not as big a change in management as some of us had hoped.

I believe that damage was caused by a truck driver who didn't check the clearance sign when backing into the loading dock. It is quite a mess but I would imagine they are planning to fix it soon..... logically speaking at least.

I agree, this was likely a trade who did the damage and are responsible to repair the damage. If insurance is involved (which is more than likely), it can drag on for a while but the owners of Trump should not be responsible for damage caused by others.

The Trump International Hotel and Tower Vancouver will be officially announced on June 19, 2013.

- Arthur Erickson designed project - 63 Levels
- Luxury mix-use development with approximately 176 hotel rooms and 293 condominium residences
- Signature restaurant, champagne lounge, spa by Ivanka Trump and Vancouver's first pool bar nightclub

Trump Vancouver 1.jpg
Trump Vancouver 2.jpg
Trump Vancouver 3.jpg

Attachments

• Trump Vancouver 1.jpg
    Trump Vancouver 1.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 576
  • Trump Vancouver 2.jpg
    Trump Vancouver 2.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 608
  • Trump Vancouver 3.jpg
    Trump Vancouver 3.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 1,092
- Arthur Erickson designed project - 63 Levels

looks good. remind me again why Toronto got such an unbelievable dog of a building? i've always wondered why it is that ever other city that gets one of these "trum towers©" gets at least a reasonable facsimile of architecture.

Back