Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Progress appears to have finally been made on the final zinc roof tiles covering the dome. I can no longer see the temporary covering. It's kind of hard to tell from my distance though.

Trump had the intersection reduce to 2 lanes with a nice pile of snow and ice on Bay St.

Crews were removing all the scaffolding for the roof and that was the main reason for the closure.

To make matter worse, a crane was being put together for the BA tower and that had the street reduce to one lane.

Didn't have my other camera with me to get a closer shot of the roof.

I was driving down Adelaide today and noticed that they still haven't changed the mismatched panels of glass on the west facade. Is it possible that they may just never fix them? I wouldn't put it passed them.

I was driving down Adelaide today and noticed that they still haven't changed the mismatched panels of glass on the west facade. Is it possible that they may just never fix them? I wouldn't put it passed them.

There are also all manner of stains on the granite on that facade (as well as that one missing teal panel), and I'm not sure the windows have ever been properly washed. None of this is readily apparent from street level, but I work right across the street and have a close view.

I don't think they could have changed them while the scaffolding was up on the roof because the BMU wouldn't have had clearance. Maybe now that the scaffolding is coming down you'll see them do the replacement work.

I don't think they could have changed them while the scaffolding was up on the roof because the BMU wouldn't have had clearance. Maybe now that the scaffolding is coming down you'll see them do the replacement work.

Agreed. Once the BMU is fully up and running, I would expect all the remaining exterior work (and cleaning) to be completed.

Looks like they are getting ready to put the "P" up.

I guess once the P is up, the protection roof over the driveway will be remove to finish off the east side of the building.

Wondering when the next shipping container will arrive to fix all the broken glass on the overhang as the wall panels that are falling a part.
8526850084_d2468fb667_b.jpg

8526853482_63351d5e75_b.jpg

8526851252_2b31f2379a_b.jpg

8526852380_bcf2cb0103_b.jpg

What a disaster of a building. There were many holding out hope - saying we should wait until it's completed... but I think we can all agree now this thing is a disaster.

^ I wouldn't call it a disaster, but I'd certainly call it a big disappointment. I have no objection to the tower part (yet unfinished) but the street level stuff is simply godawful; can't quite figure how they got away with it.

I actually don't mind the east side as viewed from around Yonge, as the one genuine step back on the tower is a nice feature. At that distance the blank wall of the parking garage is obscured as well.

^ I wouldn't call it a disaster, but I'd certainly call it a big disappointment. I have no objection to the tower part (yet unfinished) but the street level stuff is simply godawful; can't quite figure how they got away with it.

Mix the Trump brand, Russian oligarch money and Zeidler design and stir. Et voila!

What a disaster of a building.

If the building of a high-end 5-star hotel in the downtown core is the biggest "disaster" that Toronto has to deal with, I don't think the city has too much to be concerned about.

Back