Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Thanks Jasonzed! Great article.

This ship has quite a history. I'm sure it sailed to the Midland area at some point. There is a great little historical museum in town and I'm almost certain I recognize her launch name "Willian E. Corey".

If you get up to the Midland area visit the new developments in Port McNicoll next door. Skyline International is redeveloping the former CPR lands in Port McNicoll and they are repatriating the last Edwardian-era steam passenger liner, SS Keewatin. She is currently moored at the mouth of the Kalamazoo River in Douglas Michigan. The Keewatin should be home by late spring 2012.

SS Keewatin2.jpg
SS Keewatin.jpg

Photos courtesy The Globe and Mail, and Skyline International.

Attachments

• SS Keewatin2.jpg
    SS Keewatin2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 308
  • SS Keewatin.jpg
    SS Keewatin.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 275
Who's taller, you or I?

6275044957_5054516c32_b.jpg

6275526294_4c718b6cfe_b.jpg

6275005543_9231a5ec62_b.jpg

Penthouse close up from the north;

6275441898_6f23d4baed_b.jpg

At night from the East;

6274982395_d97edcfc87_b.jpg

...and with that, I assure you I am done for the day.
Thus concludes the 1st(and probably last) annual V.S construction photo spam day.

The onion dome has pulled the building together a bit better. Judging from the last night photo penthouse dwellers will have their very own midnight sun- that KPMG sign sure is going to be bright for the folks living in the upper floors.

The onion dome has pulled the building together a bit better. Judging from the last night photo penthouse dwellers will have their very own midnight sun- that KPMG sign sure is going to be bright for the folks living in the upper floors.

it'll probably be dimmed... in reality, this is going to be toronto's "big city living" building... in the heart of the financial district surrounded closely by skyscrapers... IMO, it'll be amazing at night, with all the lights of the MINT core office towers... i'd have something else to pleasure myself to.

Trump as it was meant to be seen ^^^, i think this tower is extremely balanced on it's north-west side. the setbacks/mechanical box atop the tower serve perfectly as the backbone of the dome and spire. it's sleek and sexy. a well defined tower.

Trump as it was meant to be seen ^^^, i think this tower is extremely balanced on it's north-west side. the setbacks/mechanical box atop the tower serve perfectly as the backbone of the dome and spire. it's sleek and sexy. a well defined tower.

But steveveveve, if Trump is only "meant to be seen" from one angle, how can it be a "well-defined tower"? Attractive buildings look good from all angles and should be designed with that goal in mind.

Back