Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Those concrete boxes on the roof seem to detract from the elegance of the spire. I was also hoping the spire would have bolder, too. We'll see how it ends up looking when it's finished, though.

as of now, maybe... but nothing is anywhere near done. The spire is gonna be thicker/bolder when all the LED's are attached to it, and the concrete mechanical box will be cladded and attached with the signage TRUMP.

Is this even an option? Are buildings connected to the PATH under some sort of legal obligation to provide access? Or can, say, Brookfield or FCP one day decide, you know, on second thought, we're closing the tunnels and you'll have to come in from the street as we want more foot traffic on that level. What's the governance structure of PATH? Is there one?

The building has a PATH connection designed/roughed-in. However, in order to make the PATH connection, it requires all parties willing to make it happen and share the cost. If the PATH connection is ever put through it will most likely be very discrete (like the National Club's) and for residents and guests only. It is not a large connection like you see in the area's commercial buildings and because of the small footprint of Trump Toronto and for privacy issues, it was not designed to handle a heavy traffic flow. And to the GM's point, he is correct about the level of personal service for the hotel, but I don't think the reporter quite got the gist of what Mr. Damlincourt was expressing.

The building has a PATH connection designed/roughed-in. However, in order to make the PATH connection, it requires all parties willing to make it happen and share the cost. If the PATH connection is ever put through it will most likely be very discrete (like the National Club's) and for residents and guests only. It is not a large connection like you see in the area's commercial buildings and because of the small footprint of Trump Toronto and for privacy issues, it was not designed to handle a heavy traffic flow. And to the GM's point, he is correct about the level of personal service for the hotel, but I don't think the reporter quite got the gist of what Mr. Damlincourt was expressing.

Mr Damlincourt should stay at Four Seasons or a Ritz Carlton. The staff is personal but discreet. People are in a hurry these days and don't want hotel minders at every entrance, it's rather annoying, if i need i help i would go though the front entrance and ask.

"“If my guests arrive via the PATH they will take the elevator straight up to their room and we will never see them,â€"

My god we don't' want hotel guests to have easy access to their rooms!! ;) Put up a security entrance and key card operated elevator like just about every other hotel in the city and problem solved!!!

^
and so begins the upscale hotel war....

Anyone know what floor the LED lighting is at so far? Im never in the neighbourhood late enough to see it lit up.

well tonight's Nuit Blanche and I'm sure some of us might be in the area. I'll keep an eye out for the corner to see if it's lit tonight and how high it currently reaches.

Trump tower from FCP Toronto. Sept 2011 von no soap radio auf Flickr

27th sept

6188893819_212aa9aa32_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/people/28875282@N05/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28875282@N05/6188893819/

I love the aged look of that photo! Cant wait to see all that glass go up on the upper floors and spire. then all we have left to wait for is the LED's climb to the top. What an exciting build :D

those people working on the top of trump tower remind me of ants on a ant hill. Its kind of sad but this building is probably going to be the nicest large tower in the city.

Last edited:
those people working on the top of trump tower remind me of ants on a ant hill. Its kind of sad but this building is probably going to be the nicest large tower in the city.

Go to Bay & King, walk west along the south side for about 1 minute until you hit the courtyard, turn to your left (your looking south) and look up. You'll see the nicest large tower(s) in the city from here.

Go to Bay & King, walk west along the south side for about 1 minute until you hit the courtyard, turn to your left (your looking south) and look up. You'll see the nicest large tower(s) in the city from here.
Agreed. Mies van der rohe's masterpeice is hard to argue with. I peronally have a thing for scotia plaza...

Back