Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Aug 19

6063164600_fc507b6014_b.jpg

[/img]

was that taken from outside through the glass??? i didn't realize you could see anything from outside...

and is the only way to get in the lobby from the parking garage entrance (revolving door area)?... or is there an entrance closer to Bay/Adelaide?

By the looks of it, there is a blacked-out box where the steel structure would be in that floorplan. That's the N-W corner.

I see that blacked out space, and if the steel beam were permanent it would run diagonally right through the Kitchen/Retreat area. ...that thing's gotta be temporary, but I wonder what it's structural purpose is (or otherwise)

No wonder we have problems with our buildings. These are the type of people building them. When I lived at Boutique, I used to see them smoking weed on their lunch breaks.

Spire Jacking?

Looking at the interior Spire photos, I admit to also being confused. Is it possible the diagonal steel beams are only temporary, to help support the jacking of the Spire into position?

No wonder we have problems with our buildings. These are the type of people building them. When I lived at Boutique, I used to see them smoking weed on their lunch breaks.

this is a really "green" building lol! jokes aside, that video was all for jokes like WopChop said... we can't just assume these guys smoke pot, nor all construction workers for that matter,... they do a pretty good job putting these buildings together, especially shangri-la :D

I'm not assuming they smoke pot. I SAW them smoking pot. Not these people particularly, although it may have been... who knows?

But you are making an assumption. You saw guys smoking pot at boutique and you are assuming that the workers at Shangri-La or Trump Tower are also smoking pot.

First of all, my company never worked at Boutique, so the chances of these being the same guys are pretty slim. Who was smoking pot? Were they Ironworkers? Glaziers? If not, then they were definitely not the same guys.

Secondly, if you want to make an accusation, either provide evidence or keep it to yourself. It's easy for you to throw mud, but you're making a pretty serious blanket accusation, one that can cost people their jobs. You shouldn't make such accusations lightly.

Thirdly, none of this has anything to do with Trump Tower. If you see people doing drugs or drinking alcohol at Trump, let me know, and it'll be dealt with. For now, this is all in the realm of fantasy.

Wopchop, well said!!!

Khristopher, what, if anything, do these comments on workers, have to do with the topic, which is Trump. The tower.

And as an aside -
Do you want to know the real reasons why we have problems with buildings? The number one reason is because investors, and people in management (myself included) demand unrealistic schedules, and then things get built too fast. When things go up fast, there are problems. Always. The second problem is shitty design. Almost every issue with water damage (the number one problem with our buildings) is due to shitty design on the part of the architect.

Very true, but architects are under crazy design schedules from the client as well. The client wants construction to start on a certain date/month and it does not matter how many changes are made to the design you need to meet the deadline and this reflected in the quality of the drawings which leads to a lot of questions from the contractor which is completely justified.

Last edited by a moderator:
But you are making an assumption. You saw guys smoking pot at boutique and you are assuming that the workers at Shangri-La or Trump Tower are also smoking pot.

First of all, my company never worked at Boutique, so the chances of these being the same guys are pretty slim. Who was smoking pot? Were they Ironworkers? Glaziers? If not, then they were definitely not the same guys.

Secondly, if you want to make an accusation, either provide evidence or keep it to yourself. It's easy for you to throw mud, but you're making a pretty serious blanket accusation, one that can cost people their jobs. You shouldn't make such accusations lightly.

Thirdly, none of this has anything to do with Trump Tower. If you see people doing drugs or drinking alcohol at Trump, let me know, and it'll be dealt with. For now, this is all in the realm of fantasy.

I'm not assuming they smoke pot. I SAW them smoking pot. Not these people particularly, although it may have been... who knows?

Ontario PC Leader Tim Hudak has recently admitted to smoking (and inhaling LOL) Marijuana in his past. As has Dalton McGuinty and Obama. Sooo.. who cares?

Ontario PC Leader Tim Hudak has recently admitted to smoking (and inhaling LOL) Marijuana in his past. As has Dalton McGuinty and Obama. Sooo.. who cares?

I think his issue with it is that they were getting high on the job, at a potentially dangerous construction site of all places.

I think his issue with it is that they were getting high on the job, at a potentially dangerous construction site of all places.

And naturally he had the courage of his convictions to report it to their employer, or to the City, or to their union, or to the police . . . right?

No?

It's not simply an accusation: if it costs someone their job and turns out to be unfounded, it's libellous.

So yep, if he's going to say things like that he'd be wise to have convincing evidence.

I'm sure the team at Trump needs to be much more careful compared to one at a smaller/cheaper building like Boutique, much more is on the line here, and I'm sure developers want their building to be built to the utmost high standards,

First of all. The video posted had nothing to do with Trump Tower. I was responding to the video. I refer you to this:
Found this video over at Youtube... most of it is just some guys at Shangri-la, but near the end, you get a taste of some killer views of Trump!:

By BassDoctor420 on Youtube:
[video]http://youtu.be/Tnfkmfmm48w?t=58s[/video]

http://youtu.be/Tnfkmfmm48w?t=58s

Second, I saw them FROM Boutique. I lived in Boutique and faced north to the parking lot where all of the Shangri-La workers park their vehicles. I watched them come and go all the time from the construction site. During their lunch break, I watched them walk from the construction site, to the parking lot one day while I was looking off my balcony. They walked behind the empty parking attendant booth, and sparked up a joint. What kind of workers they were? I have no idea. All I know is they had helmets on and were from Shangri-La.

Last edited:

Back