Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

And if you notice, they no longer mention how many floors the building is. All past press releases have mentioned that it was 70 stories tall (in fact, I have seen recent articles still using that number).

I have never understood all the negativity generated here about this project....this press release is simply another confirmation that the project is going ahead, nothing negative about it. I would think that for II by IV it will look good on the resume...:)

not really much negativity from my perspective about that comment...if it's true, it's funny. wicked to see it go up at some point anyway, though it won't quite be the same attention whore in the core trump wanted before.

there was an interview with trump in one of those free newspapers down in the financial district, and he said sales were around 50%.

^ Is it just me or does it seem like this ship is slowly sinking... just righting itself every once in awhile before it inevitably slips into the abyss.

The Bow was reduced from 810 ft. to 774 ft. (1 floor off) due to shadowing concerns over the bow river a few clock from the tower.

I'm not sure why a piece of shadow over the river would be a major concern however. Regarless I'm just happy to see a major Foster project being built in Canada.

A few clock? What was I smoking that day. A few blocks is what I meant. Buy yeah, apparantly all projects that have come close yo the river have been lowered to ensure they dont cast a shadow. Preserving the sunlight for the bike paths and trails and everything, which I think is a good thing.

It is a little strange to design interiors this late if the game isn't it? Aren't interior mock-ups and designs something that would normally be available during the sales period? Did Trump ever have a model in their sales center or were people buying based on renderings with bare concrete walls and roughed in utilities?

A few clock? What was I smoking that day. A few blocks is what I meant. Buy yeah, apparantly all projects that have come close yo the river have been lowered to ensure they dont cast a shadow. Preserving the sunlight for the bike paths and trails and everything, which I think is a good thing.

Sounds like you are still smoking something.

Didn't know this board has so many rules...meanwhile...I see so many non-related issues discuss here and there on this board...oh well, you are the boss, you do what you like.

We're trying to keep the threads on topic. Rosie Vs Donald can go into General Discussions. Now if Rosie bought in Trump Toronto then that would be a different story.

over at SSC, trumptoronto has posted the following....it seems the shortened building has now grown 5 ft,....here's what he said....

"FYI....

From the ground to the top of the corner roof will be 843 ft. Add in the spire and the building will be 925 feet.

BTW, the building has grown 5 feet in the latest info I've received from the architect. The building is now 924.79 ft / 281.88 m."

At 925 ft. this is still a giant tower...not sure how anyone can complain about the height reduction.

Back