Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

taken last week

5066254180_fd181366a4_b.jpg
[/url] Toronto Skyline by JStokez, on Flickr[/IMG]

5066251078_050ea1c9db_b.jpg
[/url] Toronto Skyline from Rooftop by JStokez, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
OMFG! spectacular skyline shot(s) JStokez!
I think once trump is built, the financial district will be very much complete (aside from the rest of the bay adelaide centre). From here at least, it will look a considerable amount taller than the bay adelaide centre (without spire), and the spire should put it above FCP.
Aside from Aura, 1bloor, etc... I'm still waiting for that "skyline tower" proposal to pop up. Any 200m(ish) tower would look really good here. not to mention the really old "Richmond-Adelaide" proposal.:D
In 5 years when all the new projects rise, toronto's skyline might actually start to really stand out with all the contemporary skyscrapers that move away from the traditional box/flat roofed skyscrapers. You don't see very much old-mahattan/chicago style architecture in the skyline at all. I think thats what separates toronto from Chicago/NY.

I just realized from this shot how much different the skyline would have been had trump stayed with its original proposal. If it were to be above Scotia, it would have looked MASSIVE with the spire. and if you ask me, it would have taken epicness to a whole new level... Trump will be an icon on the skyline! :D

Nice one caltrane ^^^, Really some great progress at this tower (are we doing a floor a week now?), i counted 5 residential floors now poured. And if the mechanical levels are about level 35, it means we're at the 40 floor mark (20 to go!!!). very nice! :D

Anyone know why there is a gap in the cladding? You can see it about one-third of the way across each floor (starting from the left side).

Anyone know why there is a gap in the cladding? You can see it about one-third of the way across each floor (starting from the left side).

It's part of the design... the area's bounded by this (on the north/west sides) will lead up to the onion/lantern feature at the top/spire... I'm not sure if they will but some sorta lighting in between to distinguish it,

OMFG Sodapop!!! Do you own all the hotels in toronto or something??? You've gotten vantage points from 1King, Delta Chelsea, and now Sheraton... effing jealous!!!! :D

Trump just keeps getting better!!! And DAYUM! does Commerce court west look good!

Trump looks sooo good...

OMFG Sodapop!!! Do you own all the hotels in toronto or something??? You've gotten vantage points from 1King, Delta Chelsea, and now Sheraton... effing jealous!!!! :D

Trump just keeps getting better!!! And DAYUM! does Commerce court west look good!

Trump looks sooo good...

Housekeeping?...Housekeeping? ...Housekeeping...I come in now.

Is there a small stepback on the southwest corner of the building, or are my eyes just reading the pictures wrong? In sodapop's closeup shot of the top of the tower it looks like the floors above the mechanical levels are 3-4 feet narrower than the floors below.

We really need some developments to fill in the area behind CC West, and the southeast corner of the financial core. I'm not sure what general thoughts are on them, but Commerce Court South and East are prime candidates for redevelopment, in my opinion. They are far too short and insignificant for their location, and there's presently a pretty big gap when you look through this view corridor.

Back