Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

There is an afternoon shift that ends at 12:30 a.m. , and there is a 4:00 a.m. shift. So it may seem like its running 24 hrs

Workers are presently pouring the floor for the east side of the current floor. They seem to be keeping to the 6 business days (not calendar days) schedule for completing each floor.

ya, its hard to say if we still dont have a definite floor count. In any case its the decorative spire that will allow Trump to sneak past Scotia. Its that old argument about where you measure the real height to. Rooftop height, Scotia is still higher.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder if they may tack on a few extra floors if demand is there. Question is how tall can they go based on the available elevators? If that is the real reason behind the height decrease.

Makes you wonder if they may tack on a few extra floors if demand is there. Question is how tall can they go based on the available elevators? If that is the real reason behind the height decrease.

It was originally 70 floors, 988 ft + spire but was cut back due to something to do with the elevators or something so it's unlikely it'll increase. It was thought that it was really cut down due to sales.

It was cut back because they were selling more of the smaller units then the larger ones. Adding additional smaller units means more people per floor means greater need for elevators. Instead of adding another shaft they cut the height.

^^^ I somewhat follow the logic of that but its hard to conceive that they would give up 10 floors of potential sales merely based on the convenience factor. Unless you have some inside information about this reasoning I would still question it... I seemed to get the impression that it was physically impossible to accomodate the extra elevators needed to offer express service to the upper (penthouse) floors. Or.... it could all be b.s. because sales were slow (less than the 70% usually required for financing to go ahead?) and they wanted to proceed so simply reduced the size of the design to get the numbers they needed.

Last edited:
I don't see why they would need extra elevators. IIRC, the plans I've seen do not have direct access. Another 40 units would still offer an exceptional elevator to resident ratio.

Different market but nevertheless look at Murano. Three elevators for 373 units. That's seniorlink territory. The developer still went ahead and got an increase to 412 units approved.

barely inside the top 10, which says a lot for the progress of recent construction and proposals... I love skyscraperpage as a handy reference but I kinda stopped being a daily visitor when they scrapped the city photos section years ago because of bandwidth problems.

Back