Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

This would all depend on what the permit drawings show. Assuming they sent the city revised drawings to show the lower floor count they would need to revise the permit drawings again to show the building with more floors.

I'm not sure they would announce that they were planning to add some height, after changing the height so many times already. The cool and confident thing would be to just add the height without raising a fuss, and then announcing after the fact that "Oh yeah, we just built the tallest building in Canada."

This is 'Trump' right?:)

Wow, this project has slowed to a crawl. Barely any progress in two weeks.

The last floor took extra long to complete as there was one area, perhaps extending over a sixth of the floor, that was incredibly massive, thick and heavily reinforced. From the look of the formwork going in now for the 14th floor, with no sunken area, I see the next floor being completed more swiftly.:)

It would likely look not dissimilar to this post of the 13th floor being poured: (from post 3446 by 41stfloor)

attachment.php

Just try to imagine it slightly closer to the camera.

I just took two sets of pictures - one from 44 King W. and one from 40 King W. All hand held with no flash, so a bit blurry. Very bad internal reflections in the one from 40 King W. In the 44 King W. pictures, you can see the really thick slab of the floor for the 13th floor with post-tensioning cables and reinforcing sticking out. You can also see how the floorplate has now stepped in.

Attachments

• TT 14th floor Nov 17 - 09 001.jpg
    TT 14th floor Nov 17 - 09 001.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 236
  • TT 14th floor Nov 17 - 09 003.jpg
    TT 14th floor Nov 17 - 09 003.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 215
  • TT 14th floor Nov 17 - 09 006.jpg
    TT 14th floor Nov 17 - 09 006.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 215
I think this is the first set back at the 14th floor... curiously though I'm not sure if we've ever had a glimpse of what the back side(s) of Trump are going to look like (the sides seen from the Scotia Bank buildings) You can notice the change in floor heights here too.

Last edited:
So that explains why the slab had to be so thick then, it's acting as a transfer slab to allow for the new column placements for the setback

well, there is a slight setback where the granite ends and then a big one sort of 1/2 of the way up. In any case you can see that there is a set back of perhaps 4-6 feet on the floor they have just finished building in the pictures provided above. As I pointed out we havent really seen the back side of the building in any renders so there may be additional setbacks from that angle. Something else that I notice now is that the extra high floors in the rendering stop at the 9th floor but in reality they are stopping on the 13th floor. Have a look and compare for yourself.

trump06re03_317581artw.jpg

Last edited:
I wish the building was the same width on both sides. I don't like how the northern side is wider than the west. It would look better if it was uniform. Also the granite portion looks really weird because of the difference.

I wish the building was the same width on both sides. I don't like how the northern side is wider than the west. It would look better if it was uniform. Also the granite portion looks really weird because of the difference.

The site that was acquired to construct the tower is not uniform in shape and given the location and density of the project one would assume that any development proponent would strive to design a structure that would maximize the very limited street presence and possible floor-plate configurations available to them.

This isn't very accurate or up to date (old model) - but you can see the initial plan had some small additional rearside setbacks

3427322776_a70c06ac49_o.jpg

This is the newer version

3119436128_c185010ae5_o.jpg

Another view that depicts one of the lower setbacks around the 11th floor.

3119436276_f537949883_o.png

Although there is a lack of clarity with all sorts of different renderings floating around and various design changes and addition/subtraction of floors as to where each set-back will occur. Also different set-backs occur of different facades/faces of the structure. The shortened version of Trump is missing one of the larger set-backs that was to be located on the upper third of the tower that gave a slimming visual/sculptural impression.

Last edited:

Back