Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Hey Guys!

I was bored (again) so I decided to do some really rough sketches...

I CAN'T remember who took this REALLY nice shot but who ever it is I hope they don't mind.... THE PHOTO WAS NOT TAKEN BY ME!

In this picture I (ESTIMATED) outlines for Trump, Ritz, and a REALLY bad one for Aura (just to see what it will block off and the height it will appear at)... (for aura I think it could look taller from this angle but i tried my best :) )

*due to Ritz being further away... I think it will look almost at par with RBC from this shot...

4019493259_70ab31ae5c_o.png

PHOTO NOT BY ME... sketch is though...

Hey Guys!

I was bored (again) so I decided to do some really rough sketches...

I CAN'T remember who took this REALLY nice shot but who ever it is I hope they don't mind.... THE PHOTO WAS NOT TAKEN BY ME!

In this picture I (ESTIMATED) outlines for Trump, Ritz, and a REALLY bad one for Aura (just to see what it will block off and the height it will appear at)... (for aura I think it could look taller from this angle but i tried my best :) )

*due to Ritz being further away... I think it will look almost at par with RBC from this shot...

4019493259_70ab31ae5c_o.png

PHOTO NOT BY ME... sketch is though...

Aura better be damn good, I'm a touch east of where that photo was taken and it looks like I may lose my tower view.

trump looking taller now - pics by Jasonzed at SSC....

20091017038.jpg

20091017043.jpg

Great shots of Trump!

Man... this one is TAKING FOREVER to go up... The Ritz does a floor a week!

Let's hope this one speeds up pretty soon... AND it SURE does need cladding..

This one is gonna be painful to watch go up (it's gonna move like a snail at the pace it's moving at now)...

*i especially like the last shot... Nice streetwall going up!

I don't know, it feels like it's rising pretty quickly now that it's actually under construction. It was delayed for what felt like an eternity.

I don't know, it feels like it's rising pretty quickly now that it's actually under construction. It was delayed for what felt like an eternity.

Well it is nice to see it finally go up it's just that it's slow for a building it's size (the site of this building is puny compared to other buildings)...

Maybe its a good thing that Bay Adelaide ended up being the height it is.

If it had been any taller (5 to 10 stories) to me it seems that it would have taken away from the impact of Trump from certain angles.

Maybe its a good thing that Bay Adelaide ended up being the height it is.

If it had been any taller (5 to 10 stories) to me it seems that it would have taken away from the impact of Trump from certain angles.

Good for Trump... BAD for Bay Adelaide...

If Trump hadn't been scaled back then Bay Adelaide would be welcome with a couple more stories... But even still... Trump has a horrible dis-advantage due to the size of it's lot and all... And from steet level at around Bay and Queen, I don't even think trump will be seen at all due to BA's large footprint and chunkiness...

Trump just has a too small site to have a HUGE impact (but it does have a big impact.. just not huge!)

But BA does a PERFECT job in balancing out the skyline... i MEAN PERFECT! (100% to be exact!)... especially from the east and west

Nice sketching of those outlines Steveve.
Tad dissapointed though.
I somehow was under the impression Trump's actual building portion (excluding that antenna thingy) would be taller than Scotia.

Nice sketching of those outlines Steveve.
Tad dissapointed though.
I somehow was under the impression Trump's actual building portion (excluding that antenna thingy) would be taller than Scotia.

Trump being taller without the spire was THE OLD proposal... The new one suggests that the spire will only make it taller...

but right now NOBODY knows what's gonna happen with Trump... Maybe they'll add a few floors :)

Check out the skyscraperpage diagrams for a better look!

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=12

*Aura is about the same height as Trump WITHOUT he spire...

***nothing special about my sketches... They're REALLY rough and anyone can do them!... you just find a nice shot and sketch away!

When I have time (school's a PAIN) i'll do more detailed ones (and more accurate)

Cladding is required here. Just a beast at street level, without it.

No doubt.

If the cladding and glass is of an extreme high quality, this building, might just get by on the ground, otherwise, we could be in for a disaster here.

Cladding is required here. Just a beast at street level, without it.

No doubt.

If the cladding and glass is of an extreme high quality, this building, might just get by on the ground, otherwise, we could be in for a disaster here.

The base will be clad in dark granite. It'll be tough to mess that up.

Back