Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Thanks for posting that review.

I admit the building is not radical, and perhaps it's not even iconic - which I guess is the criticism that people have of this project - but I still think it will look good once it's up.

Mays' review sounds a bit like he's actually scaling the building and reporting what he sees. Sounds like a bit of overanalysis to me. (Though that is something I would like to have seen.)

He has high standards, which is good - as do others on this forum, which is also good.

- Trump
- BA
- RBC
- Ritz
- Telus
- MLS (2 towers)
- Success Tower (and who knows, maybe even the fourth tower)
- ongoing CityPlace construction (Neo, Montage, Luna and who knows what else)
- Union Station reconstruction (?)
- London Condos (2 towers)
- Hummingbird (possibly)
- Festival Tower (possibly)
- Shangri-La (?)
- under-the-radar filler projects (M5V, Glas, Victory, etc.)
Don't forget B/A will have 3 towers on site. It seems logical to assume they'll time it to move from one to the next. That immediate area will be a construction zone for many years to come.

Also I believe Shangri-la mentioned it hoped to be under construction by next summer, although Im not too sure that will happen. Does Shangri-la really have a better name than Ritz? Better prices? I highly doubt it. I would expect that a early 2008 start date would be more likely (thats being optimistic)

As for Trump, I really dont care if it goes up or not. I think there are many more intersting and exciting projects that are going up that are more worthy of attention.

Judging by the success of the Ritz, established international luxury chains (like Shangri-La) have a major leg up on Trump. In particular, SL's connections to, and knowledge of, the Asian market should deliver it a lot of sales.

Better location, too.

Four Seasons

Four Season's will win the Name Brand Game for sure.

I think it will be a gorgeous building.

It's ridiculous to think you can envision what the actual structure will look like by some five inch drawing drawn from one angle. Anyone who's been on this forum long enough to see something go from rendering to completion should know better.
It's ridiculous to think you can envision what it will look like but you think it will look gorgeous? I'm a little confused.

So it's about 6 months from construction. Just like it's been for the last 3 years :(

Yeah, but 3 years ago they didn't have 70% sales. So we are in the closing stages of the game now.

Re: Four Seasons

I hope it goes up because talking about it while it's not going up is no fun anymore.

The Donald, quit firing people, come to Toronto and start digging! You're only pissing us off. Forum members are turning against you. We've been mentioned on the radio, so we, like, have profile!

The need for the DRL is going to grow stonger with all of this.

The only problem is that most of these mega towers are residential, only a few, though significant, office buildings. This would make people living in the core able to walk to work, or commutte reverse direction, which I don't think would place significant strain on the current YUL.

Construction Financing Now Finalized!

Construction of Canada's first spectacular Trump property expected to begin July 2007.

Andrew, we are very excited to announce that construction financing has been finalized for Trump International Hotel & Tower, Toronto.

In early January 2007 we will be applying to the City of Toronto for site plan approval and building permits. Construction of Canada's first Trump property is expected to begin in July 2007.

Expect more exciting announcements from us in the New Year as we near ground-breaking!

Edited to say this was just another Trump news letter I'm sure half of us potential buyers received today.

^ Yep

The only problem is that most of these mega towers are residential, only a few, though significant, office buildings. This would make people living in the core able to walk to work, or commutte reverse direction, which I don't think would place significant strain on the current YUL.

I'm more thinking east/west lines like King and Queen rather than YUL. Liberty Village, Molson lands, City Place and more on the west, West Donlands, East Bayfront, Portlands and more on the east and all this stuff in the middle. How will the King and Queen streetcars be able to handle all this additional density?

Sounds like a pretty certain wording in that e-mail. I guess July 2007 is definitely when it is happening. I was starting to worry that this project was going to disappear but if all the money required to get moving is there that is good news.

Re: Four Seasons

Cal:

I know you are getting long in the tooth but it must be (G)god's or (G)gods' own ... .

Blessed nonetheless.

Back