Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

I noticed them getting the formwork all ready for that when I passed by today. It looks like once that pour is finished they'll really be able to start moving. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see it out of the ground by later October

Major Pour

Seeing cement trucks on a Sunday morning I had to check it out. The intersection of Bay & Adelaide was partially closed and there were about a dozen trucks lined up to feed two Pumpcrete machines feeding concrete into the foundation rebar. The cement looked like a dry sandy mix, not the usual wet grey mix poured into forms. Sorry, no camera. I'll remember to always carry one in future for posting pics to the forum.

geez, I was kinda liking the flashback to "eyewitness reporting", you know the days before photos, when speaking the English language was a respected skill. I could clearly picture the scene he described....

lol.

Hmmm... but what does he know about the concrete? Something was amiss and it sounds like the quality may have been a little on the low end based on the carefully chosen words.

I missed the big pour on the weekend, but I took a few photos today August 27.

From Bay looking east. The central core foundation has been done.
2804984542_b04780cbcb_b.jpg

From Bay looking northeast they are working on the perimeter foundation on the north and east side.
2804984546_05e9701d13_b.jpg

Looking southwest towards Bay they are preparing the side walls for pouring concrete.
2804984564_6b7218ec4c_b.jpg

Looking west towards the Bay Adelaide corner.
2804984568_c8af23a564_b.jpg

Looking northwest towards the north side facing Adelaide.
2804984582_12ed1d2e4e_b.jpg

Looking north towards Adelaide.
2804984586_4b924996de_b.jpg

Hmmm... but what does he know about the concrete? Something was amiss and it sounds like the quality may have been a little on the low end based on the carefully chosen words.

Maybe this is destined to become Toronto's answer to the Ryugyong Hotel after all.

Curious about concrete

Is Trump building a house on sand? Just asking. Enjoy the forum and realize technical details aren't the focus, but this was a major construction event and thought there may be an expert to explain the concrete mix.

Back