Toronto St Lawrence Market North | 25.3m | 5s | City of Toronto | Rogers Stirk Harbour

Great… now I have some home work to do. I thought the frit might have something to do with it or my lens since the pattern appears as a larger image over the different panes.
Very interesting. Thanks!
🎶 When the pattern hits your eye

🎶 like some glass that's 2-ply

🎶 That's a Moiré....

Great… now I have some home work to do. I thought the frit might have something to do with it or my lens since the pattern appears as a larger image over the different panes.
Very interesting. Thanks!

It's not your lens - it's the frit pattern and how it is captured by the sensor on your camera.

AoD

That Wikipedia article is very dense, but the grossly simplified explanation is that your camera's sensor is made up of rows and columns of pixels. If you have a bunch of fine parallel lines that are similar in width to the pixels on your camera's sensor, they will create an interference pattern that show up as Moiré artifacts.

Toronto Model 05-05-22 SLMN.png

I wonder if/when they might do a soft opening for the farmers market. It’s not like any one is rushing to get them out of the tent, but I imagine if there’s a safe way to enter, the physical needs of a farmers market is far less than any other operation.

I wonder if/when they might do a soft opening for the farmers market. It’s not like any one is rushing to get them out of the tent, but I imagine if there’s a safe way to enter, the physical needs of a farmers market is far less than any other operation.
While it is certainly possible that the Saturday Farmers and Sunday Antique Markets may be operational before the Courts as the Court floors need far more 'fitting out", I continue to hear that the best hope is that the Farmers and the Antiquers will be 'home' just before Christmas (and thus more likely early in 2023.)

Back