Toronto St Lawrence Market North | 25.3m | 5s | City of Toronto | Rogers Stirk Harbour

20191226_155044.jpg

Anyone else thinks this area should have been made into a beautiful urban plaza - maybe with weekend outdoor market vendors? (it would have certainly been the case if this was in Montreal)
Move the permanent new market building to the parking lot just south of the St. Lawrence Market / where the current temp market is - and leave this site as a public square.

Anyone else thinks this area should have been made into a beautiful urban plaza - maybe with weekend outdoor market vendors? (it would have certainly been the case if this was in Montreal)
Move the permanent new market building to the parking lot just south of the St. Lawrence Market / where the current temp market is - and leave this site as a public square.

I posted that back when construction was on hold. Unfortunately, the ship has sailed.

I thought the current temp market location was to become a park?

We don't really need another empty plot of land downtown for the hope of urban plaza's getting a foothold in Toronto.

I'm kind of surprised there isn't more activity captured in that picture. Is construction about to ramp up more?

The pictures were taken on Sunday (Jan 12th), so there were no workers on site then. When I've passed by during weekdays in the past, there's usually steady activity being done. Maybe not neccesarily fast, but I'd say steady enough. They've also recently moved the ramp from the SW corner along Front to the NE corner along Jarvis. So they should be able to get back to excavating further now.

The pictures were taken on Sunday (Jan 12th), so there were no workers on site then. When I've passed by during weekdays in the past, there's usually steady activity being done. Maybe not neccesarily fast, but I'd say steady enough. They've also recently moved the ramp from the SW corner along Front to the NE corner along Jarvis. So they should be able to get back to excavating further now.

Great to hear, thanks.

Back