Toronto St Lawrence Market North | 25.3m | 5s | City of Toronto | Rogers Stirk Harbour

It sure looks like they could clean this up in a week. Sept 1? 2024?
IMG_6481.jpeg

IMG_2202.jpeg

IMG_2203.jpeg

It sure looks like they could clean this up in a week. Sept 1? 2024?

You would think so but it's the City's turn to do the setting up work and, based on their abysmal project management on this whole project, I am not optimistic they are ready.

Whether they get this done by August or September (just after the Farmer's Market peak-of-season).........

It will be just in time to close off Market Lane Park for its re-do and have dust and noise and a need to wash the west-side windows all over again.

Whether they get this done by August or September (just after the Farmer's Market peak-of-season).........

It will be just in time to close off Market Lane Park for its re-do and have dust and noise and a need to wash the west-side windows all over again.
I think ML Park upgrade is postponed to 2025 but I am not 100% sure.

I don’t enjoy criticizing peoples’ work but... I think this building is a real mess. A hodgepodge of details that don’t match and don’t relate to the overall structure of the building. The metals top on the concrete pillars are terrible and why do the pillars taper anyway? The green roof in my view is just plain silly and will likely cost a lot to maintain, assuming of course the city actually “maintains” it. Overall though, it’s better than the concrete bunker that it replaced and it’s nice to see bright orange for a change.

The green roof in my view is just plain silly and will likely cost a lot to maintain, assuming of course the city actually “maintains” it.
I disagree in general with your take, but also on this specific point, are you aware that the city has a green roof bylaw? Any building over 2000m2 is required to have a green roof. There's nothing special about the roof here except that it's more visible than usual because of the curve.

Back