Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

As soon as I read this, I guessed that the type of person who would be so bothered by 24 hour time would be someone pretty far to the right, politically. Your past posts proved this guess to be correct :D

LOL! What makes you say that?

LOL! What makes you say that?
Haha just a gut feeling I suppose, and maybe a bit of a prejudice on my part that most, but not all, but ok for real pretty much all on the right dislike whatever it is with which they are unfamiliar, i.e. 24 hour time, metric system, bike lanes, pharmacare, and so on and so forth.

Also I have invested way too much time reading the fervent comments sections of Postmedia-owned news websites.

But it's silly to post a comment about right-wingers not liking change considering that AM/PM is still the standard.

Besides you drew attention away from the stuff I posted above. :)

IMG_2648.JPG

IMG_2649.JPG

They turned on the lights. It's surprising how much of a difference it makes. I almost missed it when I was in the train until I started wondering when did the station have natural lighting. Looked up and there it was.

Attachments

• IMG_2648.JPG
    IMG_2648.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_2649.JPG
    IMG_2649.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 538
now if theyll replace the onestop screens with a similar version of those next train displays that would be perfect.

I doubt it, it's more likely that one stop will eventually start advertising on the new screes.
itll be a mighty shame if these screens gets molested by the useless onestop garbage. I cant think of another system other than then the stm that allows for corporate infiltration of their next
train eta system like this...

Calgary also uses Onestop so there you go

I looked up a photos of said screens and there are a couple key differences:
1. the plaforms are much shorter so it is easier to see vs how ttc has 1 installed for the entire length of the platform
2. there are many stations with dedicated amber displays anyways that are legible

I get that the ttc is trying to improve customer experience with these displays, but do it properly or dont do it at all.
Same goes for the wifi.... having just 1 minor carrier in the tunnels is a joke considering how much was spent on installation.
They need to do better in getting the big 3 to sign on.

I get that the ttc is trying to improve customer experience with these displays, but do it properly or dont do it at all.
Same goes for the wifi.... having just 1 minor carrier in the tunnels is a joke considering how much was spent on installation.

I 100% agree about getting the big 3 to sign on. It's very frustrating that the capacity already exists in the subway for reception and the only reason we can't use it is because of the intransigence of the big 3.

But at the same time, when you talk about "how much was spent on installation"... that's the reason that we don't have reception. The TTC wanted to milk as much money out of the installation was possible, so they granted the contract to BAI who was willing to pay them the most, and the Big Three are balking at paying BAI for access.

I 100% agree about getting the big 3 to sign on. It's very frustrating that the capacity already exists in the subway for reception and the only reason we can't use it is because of the intransigence of the big 3.

But at the same time, when you talk about "how much was spent on installation"... that's the reason that we don't have reception. The TTC wanted to milk as much money out of the installation was possible, so they granted the contract to BAI who was willing to pay them the most, and the Big Three are balking at paying BAI for access.

interesting point... which further points that ttc need to do things properly, not blindly just because its cheaper.

1. the plaforms are much shorter so it is easier to see vs how ttc has 1 installed for the entire length of the platform
I agree they need at least three or four per station. Other than at Young and Bloor and St. Gorge it's mostly the one in the middle of the platform

First of all, you are confusing WIFI and Cell phone service. Currently ,they only have cell phone service in the tunnels and not Wifi,
Second, you need to complain to the big three they're the ones that don't want to play ball with the TTC or Tconnetc they all said they wanted to do it on their own and have complete access to the tunnels for their own personal.

Back